- Report: #914638
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: FTC
FTC1199 S. Woodland Blvd Deland, Florida United States of America
FTC Florida Technical College Florida Tech is anything BUT a college. It is a lying, thieving, scandalous, fraudulent company Deland, Florida
*General Comment: Being Ripped Off
*UPDATE Employee: Then Reach Out and Work With Me - Not Just Offer Blind Criticism
*Author of original report: Call you for what?
*UPDATE Employee: I am sorry you feel that way
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
If you don't know English, no problem. They will continue to enroll you, promise you that you will get assistance, and then not provide it. Good luck taking medical classes in English when you don't know any.
Have a criminal history? Why not enroll in the Criminal Justice program? They won't check your background until oh oh, they may catch wind of something and then freak out and THEN they will check your background, make you sign all this paperwork you should have done when you first enrolled, BEFORE they packaged you up and took your money.
All students are- are enrollment and financial aid packages. The admissions team NEEDS to make sure they get their numbers and reach their quotas or they are fired. So in this economy, they need to do what it takes to make sure they meet their numbers. And they have certain degree programs to fill so even if you are NOT interested in a certain area of study, they will make it seem like that is the direction to go in because they need to fill it in.
Even if you just inquire, watch out. Before you can blink, you will be packaged up and headed to class. Oh but they don't tell you that you have THREE DAYS to back out before you are hooked and held liable for the loans. They fail to tell you A LOT. Like they didn't meet their employment placements last year. They scrambled around and harassed the career services department (who we don't know who is left there anymore as they run them out of there) to call graduates who wanted NOTHING TO DO with the "school" anymore because of all the lies and deceit they experienced being there, not to mention the high turn around of employees.
Then in January, they go ahead and hire a behemoth to be a director of career services who completely harassed and made a hostile work environment for everyone in career services, in ALL Of the campuses, that MOST, if not ALL, people have left already because of that behemoth's chastising and belittling ways of talking to their subordinates. The way they talked to the student body was unreal, leaving most students speechless, well the ones who could understand English anyway. Who would want to work with someone like that? In fact, most students stopped going there because it was like a revolving door in there. And they kept making all these ridiculous workshops that did not help any of the students. Most of them complained that they had to go go to these "mandatory" workshops when in fact, they weren't mandatory at all. It was just a way to say "hey, FTC reached out to you, you didn't participate so don't complain when you can't get a job."
There is no way in HELL that this "school" will ever make it if they continue with their deceptive ways. They don't care about the students, or helping these students to make a significant change in their lives. Perhaps at one point they did, but with this new EDU-K corporation behind them, all they care about is getting YOUR money.
They will tell you WHATEVER you want to hear so that you will sign on the dotted line. Before you do, ask them if they met their employment placements for last year. Ask them how it's looking this year. Not so good.
FTC, you want to fix this? You already have ZERO reputation. Most of the companies that career services faxes your graduates resumes to put them in the shredder. And rightfully so. They are not trained, not skilled, and NOT ready to do the jobs that your "training school" has so called been training them to do.
Fix it by doing the following:
1. Mandate that ALL entering students take placement exams. If they can't read or write, they should be in remedial classes to help them to read and write. All of the REAL colleges do this. I'm certain you can too.
2. Teach them things that will actually GET them jobs. The materials are outdated, and the training they are learning is not enough to make it, especially in the medical field.
3. Hello, you are a TECHNICAL COLLEGE and MOST of your students don't even know HOW to use a computer, email, use MS Office programs, or even search the internet. What the hell is up with that? Your curriculum should include CORE computer classes, that are a MUST in order to continue on in ANY discipline. They use computers in offices, medical offices, business offices, criminal justice type offices, computer networking type offices, you get my drift. Computers...technical college...see the connection?
4. If you continue to let anyone in, even a 70 something old man and financial aid package him up, then do some justice to these students and give them a chance. You are all robbing them, cheating them, and selling them a timeshare that they cannot do anything with once they leave.
I think I have said my peace. If you can read this, PLEASE go to a REAL school.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FTC/Deland-Florida-32720/FTC-Florida-Technical-College-Florida-Tech-is-anything-BUT-a-college-It-is-a-lying-thiev-914638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.