Complaint Review: FTC

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: FTCISCLUELESS — United States of America
FTC

FTC FTC Federal Trade Commission - Clueless! What are we paying them for?! Internet

*Consumer Comment: ??????

*Consumer Comment: I hope it's illegal

I call the FTC today - The Federal Trade Commission - to ask them to clarify something for me. As a small business owner, I wanted to know if it's legal to make occasional calls to people in my area to let them know that a new business is open in the area.  I wouldn't be selling anything, and it would just be a courteous, friendly call - a far cry from the evil telemarketing industry.

Well, their answer:

"We're not, umm, we don't know".

Talk about incompetent! They're supposed to enforce the Do Not Call list and oversee telemarketers, and they "Don't know".

It was a simple question, and they could have found the answer. But these overpaid, under-worked incompetent money sucking leeches want to take our tax dollars and give us nothing in return. You want to eliminate government waste?  Start with the useless people who answer the phone at the FTC!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FTC/internet/FTC-FTC-Federal-Trade-Commission-Clueless-What-are-we-paying-them-for-Internet-902541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FTC

??????

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Where is Ramplane going with this???

I hope it's illegal

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You want to make marketing calls to random people.  Please don't do that.  If we got a call for every new business that opened the phones would be even more of a pain in the neck than they already are. Politicians, charities and others are already exempt from 'do no call'.

Leave us alone! Put it in the paper.