Complaint Review: FTD.com

• Reported By: Robin — Ashland Illinois United States of America
FTD.com
3113 Woodcreek Drive Downers Grove, Illinois United States of America

FTD.com Complete lack of customer service. Downers Grove, Illinois

I ordered flowers on Sept 15th for my best friends fathers funeral for a visitation on the 17th.
(I ordered them on line because the visitation/funeral was so far away from where I live.)  This should have been more then enough time to get them ready and delivered.

They had the nerve to call me just hours before the visitation was about to start and tell me they couldn't find anyone in that area that could do the arrangement! They told me that there was NO ONE that could do it and the one florist they had in 'their network' hasn't answered the phone or called them back.

I had to scramble to find a florist in the area that could do it BUT it cost me an extra $20 to get it done on such short notice. Making an already stressful situation more so.

Of course I got my money back but that's not the point. Lack of service is the point.

I work in customer service and I gotta say that if I didn't do EVERYTHING that I could to help the customer then I would be out of a job.  I don't blame the rep that called me back to give me the bad news.  I blame the company for NOT having check their providers of service in the local area.  (I'm not stupid I know that they have thousands in each state).  If that isn't possible to complete the job then call me the day before not HOURS prior to and let me know what I have to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2011 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FTDcom/Downers-Grove-Illinois-60515/FTDcom-Complete-lack-of-customer-service-Downers-Grove-Illinois-778210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FTD.com