Complaint Review: FTD.com

• Submitted: Sat, February 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
FTD.com
3113 Woodcreek Drive Downers Grove, Illinois U.S.A.

FTD.com Items on website are expensive fakes to what you actually receive in person! Downers Grove Illinois

On Monday, February 4th, I ordered flowers for my mother to be delivered on Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to show you the comparison, but the flower description was called Lasting Romance Bouquet. It had a bouquet of multi-colored roses, carnations and petite carnations in shades of red and pink. The vase was hand sculpted RED CERAMIC with a dangling ceramic heart. Simply beautiful on the website! My mother happens to live with me, so I received the flowers for her when they were delivered on Valentine's Day.

Low and behold, it was something COMPLETELY different than what I had paid for and ordered. These flowers were 4 roses and the rest some lillies and some hay looking things. And the kicker, the vase was NOTHING like the picture, not even CLOSE to be substituted to something similar in size and color as per FTD's substitution policy! Maybe I could understand the vase being substituted in some way, but if the florist had the intention of fulfilling the order as placed, they would have never substituted the flowers, they had some in stock! So I could see that the florist was another scammer in the mix!

So I started investigating with other people I had sent flowers to in the past and unsurprisingly, NO ONE has received anything I've ordered, not even remotely close to what I ordered.

My mother received roses in a box one time (when I had paid for 18 long stem roses with the vase), my friend received all sorts of colorful flowers in a clear square vase (when I paid for lilacs inside a blue THANK YOU vase)... the list can go on and on.

Bottom line, BUY IN PERSON, so that you KNOW what you are buying and that the person is actually getting what you paid for!

I was lucky to get my $71.42 back for this Valentine's Day rip off, but I can't get back the other monies of the other rip off's I've had since 2006 with FTD.com. It's a shame, cause they lost a great customer who never thought about the price when buying!!

Angelowner
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2008 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FTDcom/Downers-Grove-Illinois-60515/FTDcom-Items-on-website-are-expensive-fakes-to-what-you-actually-receive-in-person-Downe-309481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FTD.com