Complaint Review: FTD.com

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jones — Grovetown Georgia United States of America
FTD.com

FTD.com Bait and Switch! Internet

I have used other florist websites in the past, and happened to make the bad decision to change up who I have used in the past to try out FTD.com.  I mean, FTD is world known, right?  I thought it was a safe bet.  I proceeded to order flowers for my mother's 70th birthday.

They give you three options on the flowers - the "good", "better" and "best" bouquets.  Naturally, I sprang for the "best".  The description of the "best" showed a very nice bouquet - what you would imagine for spending $75.  17 stems is the description - who would have thought that the greenery counted as stems!!!!

Now, I didn't expect exactly what the picture showed, but for $75, I'd expected a very nice bouquet.  I also realize that FTD farms the orders out to area florists, but still - you expect what you pay for and a pretty close match to what you picked out on the website.

For $75 - actually more like $90 after all the fees, my mother received a relatively small bouquet with about 10 little pink roses, some alstromeria (maybe 3 stems worth spread around) some blooming yellow "weeds" and a BUNCH of greenery.  Sound like $75 worth??? NOT!

I called the 800 number - the girl that answered the phone made an attempt at trying to be helpful, but in the end didn't do anything.  I say all this to say - go directly to a florist - FORGET about using a site like this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FTDcom/internet/FTDcom-Bait-and-Switch-Internet-1017357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FTD.com