Complaint Review: FUN FAMILY REWARDS & J.C. PENNEY

• Submitted: Wed, January 06, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: Tina W — Greenville Texas United States of America
FUN FAMILY REWARDS & J.C. PENNEY

FUN FAMILY REWARDS & J.C. PENNEY JC Penney Family Fun Rewards Charged my debit card for a program I did not sign up for. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs Manager

I went on line to JC Penney to do Christmas shopping 2009.  I ordered one item at that time using my debit card.

Today 1/6/2010 I went to my on line bank to reconcile my checkbook and found I was overdrawn!  There was a 9.95 charge for something called Family Fun R.  It included a toll free number so I called to check it out.  Evidently when I placed my order for JC Penney, I was enrolled in a program called Family Fun Rewards.  At first I thought maybe I clicked a wrong box thinking I was getting free coupons but after reading other posts, I know that particular box is automatically checked and if you do not click it off, you will be enrolled.

Like I said, I called the number and supposedly they are going to remove the charge and discontinue my membership.  Now I will have to fight my bank to get that overdraft charge reversed too.  And what makes it all more fustrating is tomorrow is payday, my account is overdrawn, and my house payment is due!!!  I live paycheck to paycheck and this kind of underhanded blitz attack really hurts financially.

Beware internet shoppers when you order from JC Penney on-line.  Keep a sharp eye out for that mysterious box called Family Fun Rewards!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FUN-FAMILY-REWARDS-JC-PENNEY/internet/FUN-FAMILY-REWARDS-JC-PENNEY-JC-Penney-Family-Fun-Rewards-Charged-my-debit-card-for-a-550093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FUN FAMILY REWARDS & J.C. PENNEY

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.