Complaint Review: FUNAI CORPORATION WARRANTY CENTER

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
FUNAI CORPORATION WARRANTY CENTER
19900 Van Ness Ave Torrance, California U.S.A.

FUNAI CORPORATION WARRANTY CENTER FOR SYLVANIA WARRANTY FUNAI CORPORATION & WARRANTY CENTER ARE THEIVES Torrance California

I purchased an HDTV Sylvania 42" Plasma television and within a couple months it was not working. I called Sylvania who referred me to Funai Corporation and they gave me the instructions to box it all up and their delivery company who they are contracted through would pick it up. Weeks later, no reply or phone call. I call them and get the run around and that they are working on it. One month passes, no one can answer me where my tv is. Two months go by and they tell me that it's not repairable and that they are sending a new one. Three months go by and I don't receive anything. In the fourth month I get a delivery and the driver actually helps me pull out the tv out of a securely packed box. A TV that doesn't even resemble mine is pulled out of the box and screws pop out and the screen is scratched. The driver actually thought it was a joke and so I refused the piece of crap tv that wasn't even mine and called them. Months later and calls to Sylvania and promises from over six managers, nine customer service reps, endless calls to everyone at the Funai location, and no one would call me back. I then talk to someone who says that there was no documentation that the television was not even workable and they don't know where the tv is at. Every other day I called and someone was either fired or they "lost" my tv. They then tell me to fax a receipt and tell me they will pay for the tv but now they say it may not have even been warrantied. I am furious and irrate and been witout a tv now for over eight months. What must I do to just get the tv back?

Mj
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2007 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FUNAI-CORPORATION-WARRANTY-CENTER/Torrance-California-90501/FUNAI-CORPORATION-WARRANTY-CENTER-FOR-SYLVANIA-WARRANTY-FUNAI-CORPORATION-WARRANTY-CENTE-288980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FUNAI CORPORATION WARRANTY CENTER