Complaint Review: FWM Laboratories (Acai Berry Detox)

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Queensbury New York
FWM Laboratories (Acai Berry Detox)
3007 Greene St Hollywood, Florida U.S.A.

FWM Laboratories (Acai Berry Detox) Had to change credit card # to stop wrongful charges Hollywood Florida

I like many others ordered a free trial of this company's Acai Berry Detox for the cost of shipping and handling of $3.95 on 6/1/09 (which was charged to my credit card that day) not knowing that I would be charged $87.13 (plus $1.74 for a foreign transaction fee) on 6/15/09. Luckily for me, my credit card's fraud protection department notified me when another charge was sent for authorization on 6/29/09. I had an address and phone number on the sample bottle so I called and spent approx. an hr on hold until I could speak to a "real person" to obtain a RMA# to return the sample. I did receive a refund of 83.18 on 7/10/09. It's not the total amount but I'm just glad to be through with this company. I changed my credit card number just in case it had been given to other similar companies.

I was so glad to see a report on this company tonight on the CBS evening news. Hopefully it will keep other unsuspecting people from having to go through what so many of us has had to go through. Thanks also to RipOff Report for informing consumers of these companies. I didn't know about these reports before this but I will not order again until I check it out. When I got on the this website the end of June, there were at least 60-70 reports on this company already. I think the news report tonight said there have been over 3,000 complaints on this company from different sources. We can only hope FWM will be shut down soon.

Linda from Upstate NY
Queensbury, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FWM-Laboratories-Acai-Berry-Detox/Hollywood-Florida-3302086/FWM-Laboratories-Acai-Berry-Detox-Had-to-change-credit-card-to-stop-wrongful-charges-H-474740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FWM Laboratories (Acai Berry Detox)