suite

• Submitted: Mon, April 20, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 23, 2009

• Reported By:Marysville Washington
FWM Laboratories
2040 NE 163rd St., #305 North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

FWM Laboratories Inc. ACAI Berry Free Trial Scam North Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Definite answers you'll get from them

On 3/23/09 while I was out of town on vacation in Florida I saw an offer for a free 30 day trial of ACAI Berry Detox, plus shipping. I looked over the entire site and on the payment page for the trial offer it said I had a "RISK FREE 30-Day Money Back Guarantee" if I was not completely happy. I did not return home until 3/30/09 and did not receive the product until I returned home. I had pre-scheduled surgery on 4/9/09 and I was unable to start using the product to begin to evaluate it until 4/18/09. I noticed on my credit card bill that I used for payment of the shipping charges that I had been billed $87.13 on 4/7/09 for this product! This charge to my credit card account was made BEFORE I could have reasonably had any opportunity for my 14 day evaluation, and certainly before my 30 day RISK FREE period had expired!!

I called them on 4/20/09 and immediately canceled my account, and requested a credit back to my credit card for the $87.13 charged to the account on 4/7/09. The person I spoke with indicated that he would put in a request for a refund, but could not 'guarantee' I would receive one. I asked to speak with his supervisor, but he said the refunds were handled by the 'refund department' and I could call back and speak with them in about 3 days to check on the status of the refund. I advised him to make a notation to my account that I did not agree to this charge and I was demanding a full refund and, if that did not occur, I was disputing this charge with my credit card company. This place is a complete scam and I would urge others not to use their product. Their advertising regarding responsibility for future payments is misleading and is open to several interpretations. Obviously, they chose the 'interpretation' that was most advantageous to them!!

Karen E.
Marysville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2009 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FWM-Laboratories/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33020/FWM-Laboratories-Inc-ACAI-Berry-Free-Trial-Scam-North-Miami-Beach-Florida-445189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FWM Laboratories

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Definite answers you'll get from them

AUTHOR: Kip Riggs - (U.S.A.)

It's a good thing that you supported your speculations against the company with concrete evidence. Aside from that, call 866-949-0138. I got this online (and I was also an Acai Berry subscriber before). This is the real customer helpline of FWM. They'll not put you on hold for a long time. You'll get definite solution about your financial problem.