Complaint Review: FWM Labs, AcaiBerry Detox

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
FWM Labs, AcaiBerry Detox
2040 NE 163rd St #305 North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

FWM Labs, AcaiBerry Detox They don't give you 14 days to cancel membership before shipping full-price bottle. No refund! North Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: This is the solution to get your refund

My wife ordered the "Free" trial bottle on their website for $3.95 shipping. Under terms and conditions, you are essentially signing up for a recurring monthly charge that will begin (supposedly) after a 14-day trial period, during which you can cancel for any reason. After receiving the Trial bottle in 3 days, we called to cancel but the number they provided only allowed callers to leave a voice message (which we did).

To our surprise, we received a second bottle just 2 days after the first bottle. When we tried to call back over and over, the recording said that the mailbox was full. We checked with our bank and it showed a charge for $87.13 had occurred on the 14th day after she placed the order.

We finally got through to customer service using a different 800 number (listed above), explained the situation, and they said that the account would be cancelled. They also told us that an email would arrive in 24 hours to confirm the cancellation AND provide an RMA for returning the second bottle. We never received that email. I called back again, spoke to a 2nd CS rep who told me the same speil.

I am now trying to contest the charge at our bank (because we used a VISA debit card) but it's a big process to document everything. All I can say is: Avoid this company at all costs! Because nothing in life is free! (plus shipping!) Good luck!

Gregg in az
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FWM-Labs-AcaiBerry-Detox/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33162/FWM-Labs-AcaiBerry-Detox-They-dont-give-you-14-days-to-cancel-membership-before-shipping-400445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FWM Labs, AcaiBerry Detox

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This is the solution to get your refund

AUTHOR: Wilson Burt - (U.S.A.)

I was sending emails to FWM about my refund but then I tried calling 866-949-0138 and that was when I finally settled my issues regarding getting my money back. I hope this would help you.