Complaint Review: F.Y.E.

• Reported By: Madwriter23 — Jackson Ohio
F.Y.E.
Chillicothe, Ohio USA

F.Y.E. Suncoast F.Y.E.Backstage Pass Scam Chillicothe Ohio

I love movies. F.Y.E. has all the old movies I've been looking for and all for a pretty reasonable price. When I moved back to Ohio, I started my DVD collection to replace some older movies I sold and start new collections. From the first day, I was treated well. Went to pay for the items and was given the typical sales pitch for magazine subscriptions. I refused and have alwasy refused. But I was sold the VIP Backstage Pass. The selling point was that it would be like a Kroger or CVS card. Buy things with it at the store and get discounts. Fair enough, or so I thought.

A year went by and I kept buying more DVDs from them and they happily informed me that I saved certain amounts of money with each transaction. Then I took the bold step of trying to balance my books and found that I was being charged $11.99 each month. I was never told that I would be paying anything for this card. No one ever said anything about a "free trial period" or anything like that. My credit union told me each day and amount I was charged, but I had somehow missed it. They credited my account for the most recent month and told me that I needed to cancel the card and to be tough as they had a reputation of not always cancelling.

I called the number on the back of the card and spoke with "Jenny", a CSR with a foreign accent, who refused to cancel the card as she went on a five minute speach about how I could keep the card and use it to get discounts at Taco Bell, a place I avoid. I waited a few days thinking I would get someone else when I called. Jenny answered again and told me my account without my giving her my VIP card number. I told her, again, to cancel it. She refused and went into her sales pitch about saving money at Taco Bell. I told her to cancel the card, I know this call is being recorded and that the "a-holes" listening will know to cancel this card or I'll inform my bank not to pay this charge. She cancelled and I contacted my credit union and informed them never to pay anything to F.Y.E., as I cancelled the card and will never shop there again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FYE-/Chillicothe-Ohio-45601/FYE-Suncoast-FYEBackstage-Pass-Scam-Chillicothe-Ohio-1078426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on F.Y.E.