Complaint Review: FYE Trans World Entertainment

• Submitted: Sat, January 28, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 07, 2009

• Reported By:Millville New Jersey
FYE Trans World Entertainment
fye.com Vineland, New Jersey U.S.A.

FYE Trans World Entertainment I bought a sony CD player and car kit for $60, with a fifty dollar mail in rebate. A CD player for ten bucks? Yeah right. Half a year later, no money, and no way to contact them. ripoff Vineland New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: rebate

*UPDATE Employee: rebate

FYE or Transworld Entertainment, Inc.

I go into the store one day, there's this big display in fromt of the store- Sony CD player and car kit. $10! Wow that is a good deal. Wait a minute. it's actually $60 with a fifty dollar mail-in rebate. Still, I won't miss the money right away, so I bought it.

Long story short, they are scheisters. I only bought the CD player because of the rebate. Six months later, they still owe me fifty bucks. The form says wait 10-12 weeks, so I didn't get worried right away, and I gave them a little more time.

On the rebate form, is listed ww.twec.archway.com. If you add the last "w", and then go to this website, there is a way to "look-up" your status. Mine comes back unlisted. I have all the paperwork, and I know it was sent out on time. There is also a way to "email" them on the site, but in actuality it is a form that you submit to their site, and supposedly they will get back to you, although they don't say how long that will take. They won't call me. I have repeatedly submitted this form, and now it is apparent that either they are ignoring me, or the site is the piece of junk that it appears to be and it doesn't actually do anything.

This is one of the worst sites I have been to in a long time. I had to pick my offer out of a totally unorganized list of about 150 different offers. Mine wasn't on it. I think they just want you to give up, honestly.

I want my money, and I want interest now. I'm talking about interest because why even have a rebate given to me by the same company from which I purchased the item? Either it's cause they want to stiff me entirely and are hoping that I will never mail the rebate form, or because they are kind of getting an interest-free loan by taking people's money for ten to twelve weeks at a time (assuming they actually pay the rebates).

Matt
Millville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2006 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FYE-Trans-World-Entertainment/Vineland-New-Jersey/FYE-Trans-World-Entertainment-I-bought-a-sony-CD-player-and-car-kit-for-60-with-a-fifty-173750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FYE Trans World Entertainment

rebate

AUTHOR: rach01 - (USA)

FYE has a rebate phone number on hand in their store if you call and ask them, they should provide you with the phone number to contact a rep over the phone. Simple.

rebate