Complaint Review: Facebook

• Submitted: Tue, April 23, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Wisconsin
Facebook

Facebook Billy Montrose, Facebook user mentioned in report. Blocked my account for 30 days , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same problem with the same guy

*Author of original report: Update

On 4/23/13, "Facebook" blocked my account from making posts for 30 days, due to an alleged violation of their "statement of rights and responsibilities." The content they allege violated the policy is below:

"We removed content you posted. We removed the following content you posted or were the admin of because it violates Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities:

Comment I wrote on 4/22/13: Billy you sound more like the bigot. Oh, and NO amnesty for illegals." This was posted on http://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/posts/10151383350666336.

Now, for some background on my post that got me blocked from making any posts for 30 days. I posted that statement ONE single time, on Fox News Channel's Facebook news feed. There was an individual using a Facebook account with the name "Billy Montrose."  http://www.facebook.com/billy.montrose.9

This Facebook user Billy Montrose was making the following comments which I copied and pasted directly from the Fox news Facebook page:

.....38em; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Billy Montrose Better yet, we'll ship all you bigots to the middle of Mexico. Mexicans can come here. Mexicans are more patriotic.23 hours ago

•  Like"Billy Montrose Watching Fox News to learn about politics is like watching Hogans Heroes to learn about the Holocaust."

• "Billy Montrose What are you bigots going to do when Hillary takes over on January 20, 2017?23 hours ago  Like  1"

•  "Billy Montrose "that is no excuse to belittle your fellow american's?, Tell that to all the right-wing bigots.23 hours ago  Like  1"

•  "Billy Montrose Thankfully, the gop is dying faster than the baby boomers.23 hours ago  Like  2"

• "Billy Montrose If anti-inbreeding laws were more strictly enforced decades ago, Fox News would have nearly zero viewers".23 hours ago  Like  1
  • I am almost certain that this Billy Montrose is the Facebook user who reported my single, harmless post to Facebook, which was in response to his openly offensive statements. I have reported Billy Montrose's comments to Facebook, but they still exist as such on the Fox News Facebook feed.

It is my opinion, that Facebook, may have prejudiced, and potentially racist individuals who work for them. It is also my strong opinion that these prejudiced individuals are in a position with Facebook to decide to block someone's Facebook account from making posts for certain time periods, based on their own prejudices instead of based on whether or not they actually violated any Facebook policies.

If anyone else has had a similar experience with Facebook, I'd be glad to hear about it. Also, if you have reported someones comments or obscene photos on Facebook as inappropriate, and Facebook took no action, please post on here. It is a shame Facebook operates in this manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Facebook/internet/Facebook-Billy-Montrose-Facebook-user-mentioned-in-report-Blocked-my-account-for-30-days-1045639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Facebook

Same problem with the same guy

AUTHOR: Chainsaw - ()

I was on the Adam Kokesh reading something he had posted. In the comments this Billy Montrose guy with the Obama campaign pic as his profile pic was spouting about "rethuglican" this and that. I replied to his comment saying how creative he was to invent such a super word and that he was such a big boy. I then explained that the current page wasn't a republican page, but rather a libertarian fan based page. He never responded.

I just received an email saying my comment was deleted for break facebooks policy stuff. And I received a 12 hour ban from posting. I went to Billys page (8 friends and one of them was another Billy Montrose, A very sad individual I'm guessing) and reported everything that "violated facebook policy". I then wrote several emails to facebook via different channels explaining why I will not be returning to facebook. This happend around the 4th of July weekend. Looking for Billys page returned to results. I'm hoping he was banned.

Update

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

As stated in my initial report, I reported "Billy Montrose's" comments to Facebook, which were included in my report. Facebook chose not to remove any of the comments. I guess I will never have an explanation as to why my one single comment was removed, yet this clown can spout off and they do nothing.

This is not the first time Facebook has decided someones comments and/or photos were not a violation of their policy, while someone else's supposedly are. With Millions upon Millions of users, they need to be held responsible.