Complaint Review: Facebook

• Updated: Tue, January 21, 2014

• Reported By: Denise — Texarkana Arkansas
Facebook
Internet USA

Facebook pop-up ad Debited my account for $97.00 when it was supposed to be $4.97 Internet

I kept getting a pop-up when I was online about working at home for Facebook posting ads. I finally decided to look and see what it was all about and they said I could work at home from my computer and make good money doing it. All I had to do was give my debit card information and they would send me a kit to my home address and all I had to pay was a shipping cost of $4.97. I gave them my info and sent it to them. The next day, I checked my bank account to see if the $4.97 had been debited yet and there was a $97.00 charge in there instead. A day or two later, when the amount actually posted to my account, I saw that there was a phone number and a web address in there, so I called the phone number first and a woman answered and said that I had the wrong number. Next, I tried the web address which took me to a website called Cent Commerce, a company that helps people develop company websites. According to the website, they are in Draper, Utah.

Since I couldn't get in touch with anyone by phone or internet, I decided it was a scam, besides they had already charged me more than they said they would. I had to cancel my debit card so they wouldn't have access to my account again. All I can say is, Beware of these Ads.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Facebook/internet/Facebook-pop-up-ad-Debited-my-account-for-9700-when-it-was-supposed-to-be-497-Interne-1117452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Facebook