Complaint Review: Facing Costumes

• Submitted: Sat, September 11, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 23, 2010

• Reported By: firebolt413 — Texas Virgin Islands (US)
Facing Costumes
321 B West 11th St. InternetReno, Nevada United States of America

Facing Costumes Tyson Tabbert Tyson Tabbert ripped me off for enarly $8,000. InternetReno, Nevada

I contacted Tyson Tabbert towards the end of 2008 to build me Commander Gree's Phase II Clonetrooper armor from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. We entered into a contract, which he signed, that he would complete the armor by April 8th, 2009. About couple months went by and as the the completion date got closer, I started e-mailing him. Tyson started telling me about a few minor delays and that the completion date was going to have to be pushed back by a couple months; I agreed. Tyson even posted pictures on his Myspace page to show me proof that he was building it.
Roughly 6 months went by with no word from Tyson. I tried e-mailing him and everything to see when he wanted the rest of the payment. He kept telling me to go ahead and send it as he was nearly done, so I sent it at the beginning of 2010. [continued below]....
..... We kept e-mailing back and forth. Here is the most recent e-mails:

"Hi Ian,

I got your message - we are working away. I have a couple of the initial cast
pictures for you.

I'll let you know mid week where we stand in terms of completion.

Tyson

----- Original Message -----
From: (((REDACTED)))
To: ttabbert@facingcostumes.com
Sent: Sunday, May 9, 2010 1:31:41 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: MAY 15TH

Hey Tyson, May 15th is coming up fast (NEXT SUNDAY, EXACTLY ONE WEEK FROM TODAY)
AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T SENT ME PICTURES OF THE ARMOR! My father was pretty
serious about suing if I don't get the armor.

Ian Rao "

If you want to contact me, please do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2010 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Facing-Costumes/InternetReno-Nevada-89503/Facing-Costumes-Tyson-Tabbert-Tyson-Tabbert-ripped-me-off-for-enarly-8000-InternetReno-639696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Facing Costumes