Complaint Review: Facing Costumes

• Updated: Tue, January 31, 2012

• Reported By: Covan — USA
Facing Costumes
321 B W. 11th St. Reno, Nevada United States of America

Facing Costumes Tyson Tabbert Costume Never Created, Delivered, or Refunded Reno, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Tyson is lying.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Refunds

First placed an order with this company back in February of 09. The company's work looks very creative and detailed so I decided to place an order.

I gave, whom I believe is the owner of this company, the details he needed to start creating the costume. Pictures, measurements, etc.

He quoted me an astronomical price at first, but brought it down when I asked. He required a down payment of $2,000 to even start the project, which I paid.

When asked what time of the year I needed it to be delivered, I told him that it was needed before the beginning of October. The date of delivery was agreed upon.

Throughout the months I emailed for updates on how the costume was progressing, I would receive no replies until August, telling me that my costume had not been started yet. September comes around, I ask again the status of the costume, I get a reply stating that the project is still in works and that the details of the outfit would be worked on mid September. Mid September comes and goes and I still hear or see nothing from this company.

A week before the costume is due, I get an email stating that the costume will not be complete in time for the agreed upon delivery date. I was then given the option to have it delivered by October 31st or get a refund.

I asked for the refund and still have not gotten my money back.  I've left two e-mails thus far asking when I should expect to see the refund and have not been replied to.

All I can say about this company is, it would seem they have a very creative product to offer, but don't seem to have the time or man power in which to complete orders, and probably shouldn't even take in orders if they know they have other projects that will get in the way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2009 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Facing-Costumes/Reno-Nevada-89503/Facing-Costumes-Tyson-Tabbert-Costume-Never-Created-Delivered-or-Refunded-Reno-Nevada-527977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Facing Costumes

Tyson is lying.

AUTHOR: HB - (United States of America)

I have experienced a situation similar to those described in other Ripoff Reports. Unfortunately, I thought that these issues had been resolved, since they were a few years old. Not so. My situation is exactly the same as these others. Tyson took my deposit and never delivered, and has spent months ignoring my emails. I telephoned him at the number above and only got his voicemail. He never called me back, even when I told him I would have to take action if he didn't.

I am extremely angry with the way I have been treated. Tyson did not even have the courtesy to tell me that he was unable to deliver my order, but simply ignored me. I am furious that he has my money but can't even bother with the common courtesy of letting me know what is going on. Obviously he has no concern for his customers.

Tyson, if I am wrong, I will happily retract this report. Please contact me and let me know the story from your end. You know who I am. And if you don't know who I am... well, I shudder to think of how many customers you are ignoring.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Tyson Tabbert - (United States of America)

My name is Tyson Tabbert - I have been doing business under Facing Costumes for the past several years. When I started the business in early 2002, progress was slow and project commissions difficult to acquire. Soon after starting a website we were inundated with orders, though poor management of funds and sloppy scheduling put us far behind. E-mails went unanswered and projects were left in various stages of completion - in order to keep up with overhead, funds from past projects went to pay costs and stay current on what I felt were more fruitful endeavors. I flat put-off or ignored previous clients. Facing Costumes is still operating, the success of which I am still striving toward. We have had some victories in the past several years, but at the cost of the clients whose projects were never realized. It was never my intention to defraud anyone, though it has become a clear case. This vision of a great costume commission business has been fouled by my failure to manage a crisis - by failing to communicate and complete. Those of whom I am sending this letter, please be aware that your project will not be finished. It is at this point an impossibility - we have neither the time nor the manpower to complete them in a timely or professional manner. It is regrettable, but this is the reality. We do ask one more thing of our patient clients at this time - we request one more year to pay in full all past deficits. Though it has appeared that we have scammed people out of money, I will continue to make Facing Costumes work in order to, at the very least, pay all past debts. I have hope for my business, as I have always had faith in the product. My business practices, though, are shameful and callus. Anyone with issues regarding Facing Costumes please contact me at ttabbert@facingcostumes.com or on my cel at 775-250-9107. I will return all calls and answer all e-mails. I am going to make Facing Costumes work, and the first step is to make right all of these past commissions and debts. Thank you.

Tyson Tabbert