Complaint Review: Facing Costumes

• Updated: Mon, December 21, 2009

• Reported By: Grendizer — Brookfield Illinois United States of America
Facing Costumes
312B W. 11th street Reno, Nevada United States of America

Facing Costumes - Tyson Tabbert Failure to Produce Items or Refund Deposit Reno, Nevada

In January of 2008 I commissioned a costume by Tyson for delivery by April. In August when Tyson reported that hadn't even started and my wife was pregnant I requested a refund. To date I'm still awaiting for my refund in full. Below are the emails of Tyson promising refund payment over THE PAST 24 MONTHS.:

Oct 15, 2008 8:55 PM
Hi Ray,
I do appologize, I have been ignoring. We are working on getting your refund in full right now - I know it's been a long time coming. We will begin payments to you next week.
All of my friends have babies now - it seemed to all happen at once. How far along is your wife at this point?

Thu 12/11/2008 1:42 PM
So we're looking to make a payment to you Monday, at least half of the balance owed, with the remainder to you no later than Dec. 19.
Again, sorry for the delay, but we will make good this month.

Jan 3, 2009 7:16 PM
Hi Ray,
You are still priority, but there are no funds. I am very sorry for this.
I know I've made many promises regarding this refund, but this is the month it is going to happen. We have definite income on the 16th, so the week of the 19th we will make this good.
Again, I'm very sorry to hold you on the line like this. It's unfair and you have been very accepting and patient.

Feb 14, 2009 10:36 PM
I'll get on it and start making at least partial payments to you. We've been very lax on this, and again I apologize for that. I hope you and the kids are doing well. It must be an incredible challenge with twins.

Jun 9, 2009 9:15 PM
Hi Ray,
Give me until Friday and I will at least have half of what I owe you in the remaining amount, which I believe we're at 1300.

11/16/2009 3:34 PM
Hi Ray,
Bear with, we are going to get the full refund out by the end of the month. It really is shameless how long we've been sitting on your refund, so we will include significant interest in your money back.

12/1/2009 5:30 PM
We have money in but it won't be cleared until Friday. We will payapl the money on Friday afternoon as well as finally ship your stuff out.

12/5/2009 2:58 AM
Hi Ray,
I'm sorry - yet another delay with the money.
I WILL pay you this next week - I know you need the money before Christmas - I will get this money to you. It has been way too long and it is unaccepable, I realize.
I want you to know that our not paying you is not a situation where we're trying to ignore you - It has really been that financially tight. Still, your refund most certainly should have taken precedence over some other business related expenses these past two years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Facing-Costumes/Reno-Nevada-89503/Facing-Costumes-Tyson-Tabbert-Failure-to-Produce-Items-or-Refund-Deposit-Reno-Nevada-542815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Facing Costumes