Complaint Review: Factory Direct Superstore

• Updated: Fri, January 14, 2011

• Reported By: chargreene — Iron Mountain Michigan United States of America
Factory Direct Superstore
PO Box 792 Ramsey, New Jersey 07446 Internet United States of America

Factory Direct Superstore Failure to deliver product: Dyson Animal Vacuum Cleaner Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same story here

*Author of original report: Refund requested

I attempted to purchase a Dyson Animal Vacuum Cleaner from Factory Direct.  I ordered the device on September 12, 2010.  My credit card was charged $488.00 the next day.  I waited the expected (they stated) 4 weeks for delivery and no vacuum.  I made my first email inquiry on October 14,2010.  I received a voicemail message the next business day stating that it was on the East Coast and as soon as it was at a distribution center it would be shipped out.  My next email was 10/14/2010, I received a phone call stating that it was in Pennsylvania waiting to be shipped.  I was told I should have it in a week.  My next email was on 10/21/2010 and I was told "there was a problem but you should have your vacuum imminently".  I called last week on 11/1/2010, and was given the same response. Today I called again and was told that it was now "backordered"  but I should receive a status report next week.

Ok, I wasn't born yesterday, I have been patient but this is ridiculous.  Either they have it or they don't.  If they don't I want my money back.  I left a message with the supervisor today and told them I would contest my charge with Discover and contact the Better Business Bureau if I didn't get some kind of satisfactory response.  At this point I don't' believe anything they say! I feel that they have responded repeated in a fraudulent manner.   I may have to contact an attorney at this point as in reading some of the other complaints, this is commonplace with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2010 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Factory-Direct-Superstore/internet/Factory-Direct-Superstore-Failure-to-deliver-product-Dyson-Animal-Vacuum-Cleaner-Interne-659957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Factory Direct Superstore

Same story here

AUTHOR: Kevin - (USA)

I had exactly the same experience with Factory Direct. No product delivered and no refund. They are also known as "Factory Direct Int Inc" in either Ramsey or Hackensack, NJ. So far, the NJ BBB has been unable to locate the company at any street address.

Refund requested

AUTHOR: chargreene - (United States of America)

Since, today they told me my vacuum cleaner was back ordered, I requested a refund and to cancel my order.  I also told them that I expected that I would NOT get charged a 10% cancellation fee as it was not my fault the vacuum is unavailable.  I received a call from the supervisor, Harry, who assured me he would refund my money, then tried to sell me a different brand of vacuum cleaner!  I will let you know if and when I get my refund.  Needless to say, I didn't buy the other vacuum cleaner and told him I would never shop with them again.

Thanks for providing a space to vent, I needed that today!