Complaint Review: Fair Winds Credit Union (Pine Hills)

• Submitted: Fri, August 01, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, August 01, 2014

• Reported By: These Nutts — orlando Florida
Fair Winds Credit Union (Pine Hills)
6329 W Colonial Dr Orlando, Florida USA
  • Phone: (407) 277-6030
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Fair Winds Credit Union (Pine Hills) 6329 W Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32818 They will cause you a loss and then blow you off ! Orlando Florida

*Author of original report: problem solved

I went into this branch to do a cash advance with my debit card. After swiping my card the teller said, " there was a loss in communication, the transaction didn't go through, do you want to try it again", I then replied " yes ". The teller tried again and replied " declined ". I then left the bank and called my own bank to check my balance. The bank said I had a hold on my account from the Fair winds credit union for the amount I was trying to process from the pine hills branch. I spoke with a teller at my bank, who then called this branch. After giving the phone run around and the old; " we don't handle that stuff ", we're sorry there is no authorization code to release the hold on this persons rent money, " you have to wait until it drops off days later ". The merchant who supposedly handles these kinds of things for Fair winds credit union told my bank rep and I (conference call) they would call back. The merchant never called to release my money into my account (which according to my bank rep was as simple as providing the authorization code generated by the transaction) so I could pay my rent on time.They caused me rent plus a late fee. If you don't want a bank to just rip you off and then try to blow you off after they make a mistake, choose someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fair-Winds-Credit-Union-Pine-Hills/Orlando-Florida-32818/Fair-Winds-Credit-Union-Pine-Hills-6329-W-Colonial-Dr-Orlando-FL-32818-They-will-caus-1166719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fair Winds Credit Union (Pine Hills)

problem solved

AUTHOR: These Nutts - ()

After returning to the bank the branch manager wrote a letter to my apartment manager explaing the problem and did everthing to remove the hold caused by this issue. Unfortunately this site dose not allow you to just delete reports once submitted.