Complaint Review: FairPoint Communications Maine

• Submitted: Mon, July 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Rumford Maine
FairPoint Communications Maine
117 Main Street Winthrop, Maine U.S.A.
  • Phone: 207-3779911
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

FairPoint Communications Maine refuses to send $17 credit for when I switched providers! Winthrop Maine

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Author of original report: Fairpoint sent me a check for 1 penny!

I originally contacted Fairpoint communication in early June 2008 regarding a credit of $17.41. They offered to apply the credit to my Fairpoint bill but I had already changed providers. I asked for a check to me sent to me they said that they weren't sure they would do that.

I called again a few days ago(7/18/08) and asked when I should expect to get my check, I was transferred 5(FIVE) times to other people. Today finally they told me they would send a check in 30 days.

A few hours later I was contacted by the company, they told me that if I I owed no money(My records indicate a $0 balance, I have Money order receipts to prove it). I would be sent a check in 60-90 days(2-3 billing cycles).

This is outrageous! For the 17+ years in a row I had Verizon now Fairpoint, I have paid my bill on time every single time! I would bet without filing a report here and with the BBB, I would never see any money!

I suggest people with FairPoint switch to a local phone/internet provider, Customer Service is usually much better.

Jay
Rumford, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2008 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FairPoint-Communications-Maine/Winthrop-Maine/FairPoint-Communications-Maine-refuses-to-send-17-credit-for-when-I-switched-providers-W-353549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FairPoint Communications Maine

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

Verizon contacted me about the complaint and sent me the check. I received it in the mail today.

Fairpoint sent me a check for 1 penny!

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

Fairtpoint just sent me a check for 1 penny! They also sent me 2 calling cards that bill to an account that was cancelled in early April!

How immature.