Complaint Review: FairPoint Communications

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009

• Reported By:Barton Vermont
FairPoint Communications
www.FairPoint.com Lewiston, Maine U.S.A.

FairPoint Communications failure to re-activate voluntary account suspension on request Lewiston Maine

My provider, FairPoint, has been billing me monthly to retain all service as it was when I requested account suspension for the winter season. I had high-speed dsl Internet and a good package that included unlimited calling in and out of state, caller ID, and other services for under $50/month before. I do not understand why my telephone / Internet service has not been restored correctly when requested. It has now been over a month since requesting restoration, and I still only have the most basic dial tone and slowest possible dial up Internet. Even after having over a week's notice to restore services, no calls could be made out upon my arrival.

My experiences with their Tech. Support have been fruitless. Each time I call their Customer Support, the wait time on hold has consistently exceeded 3 hours. I ran out of cell phone minutes attempting to contact them, and yet they have not been helpful, or performed their responsibilities.

This is more than a mere nuisance for me. My family and income have been severely affected by this failure to comply on Fair Point's behalf. I feel it is a sham on the part of FairPoint, and that they have no intention of correcting the situation, in spite of the intention they state to the contrary.

Barton, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FairPoint-Communications/Lewiston-Maine-04243-9472/FairPoint-Communications-failure-to-re-activate-voluntary-account-suspension-on-request-Le-452999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FairPoint Communications