Complaint Review: FairPoint Communications

• Submitted: Wed, March 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 03, 2010

• Reported By:Underhill Vermont U.S.A.
FairPoint Communications

FairPoint Communications Monitary promises for slow service never delivered Internet

Fairpoint communications promised me a period of 3 (three) months with NO charges following an 8 week wait to have internet installed in my home. Within 20 days I not only got a bill for the first month of service, I also was billed for the next month and for a modem which I never received as I already had one from a prior service with Verizon. So, I was told I would receive 3 free months of service after daily calls to inquire as to when the service would be installed. I never got a thing for free. When I tried to reach the representative whom told me of the months without charges  was told he would call but never has. I sent a letter with the bill which I did NOT pay explaining my dismay only to have no response what so ever. So after 8 weeks of waiting and waiting I got my internet service and a BIG FAT bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2010 10:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FairPoint-Communications/internet/FairPoint-Communications-Monitary-promises-for-slow-service-never-delivered-Internet-577712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FairPoint Communications