Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capital Corp aka Equicredit, aka Aames Home Loans

• Submitted: Sun, December 01, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, December 01, 2002

• Reported By:Cassopolis Michigan
Fairbanks Capital Corp aka Equicredit, aka Aames Home Loans
3815 South West Temple Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Fairbanks Capital Corp aka Equicredit, aka Aames Home Loans BIG RIP-OFFS! Late charges, no monthly statements, bull ripoff appraisals Salt Lake City Utah

Fairbanks bought out our second Mortgage in April of 2002. We have NEVER received a monthly statement from them, although we have requested this numberous times, including writing a letter to them. We received a letter back in August 2002 that we would start receiving stmts. in September. Still nothing! We care constantly receiving late charges from them. Payments are not posted when received. Now the kicker......

We were late for our Oct.2002 payment. Called first week in November 2002 to make Oct. and Nov. payments. We had a late charge from Oct. which I agreed to pay also. BUT..they tell me we have another 105.00 for an appraisal they did on our house for being over 20 days late on our payment! Never was told of this..first time knowing about it. She said it was a drive-by appraisal. I told her I would pay for that appraisal until I received a copy of it, but that I would pay my October and November payments along with the late fee for Oct. She noted this in her computer (they tell me this everytime I call...."I'll note it in the computer). A week ago, I receive a notice from them stating that my Nov. payment is late.

I immediately call them to remind them I made both payments. She tells me that they paid the October payment, but used the rest of the money to pay for BOTH appraisals!! Now there were TWO of them. She said the second was a walk through. I informed her that nobody came into my home. She said someone looked in my windows! (I was home and never noticed this?? hmmm..) This appraisal was done right after the first one.

I had made my Oct. and Nov. payments, and that I wasn't paying for the appraisal (the one I found out about initially) until I received a copy. She said they could do what they wanted with my money once they received it! I have a comfirmation number on the two payments I made. That didn't matter. Now they have me still owing for November, including a late charge!!!!

She also told me that I had $26.00 sitting in my account and they didn't know what to do with it. I told her to send it back to me. She said that they didn't have to!!!! These people are rude and ignorant. I have filed a report on them with the Better Business Bureau in Utah.(http://www.utah.bbb.org/) I hope some of you here will do the same. They already have a bad rep. with them as it is. I have no monthly statements since April 2002 and have no copies of the appraisals. Since I had to pay for them (had no choice..they did it) I am by law, required to get a copy of them! Nothing yet!!!
I hate this company!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy
Cassopolis, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2002 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairbanks-Capital-Corp-aka-Equicredit-aka-Aames-Home-Loans/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Fairbanks-Capital-Corp-aka-Equicredit-aka-Aames-Home-Loans-BIG-RIP-OFFS-Late-charges-no-36735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairbanks Capital Corp aka Equicredit, aka Aames Home Loans