Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capital Corp

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Lansing Illinois
Fairbanks Capital Corp
3815 South West Temple Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Fairbanks Capital Corp Assessed Questionable fee's for payoff of my mortgage Salt Lake City Utah

Loan #2078871023
I still cannot reconcile what this company did to me at the payoff amount of this mortgage. I was quoted a payoff amount of $79,643.07 which included principal and interest as of April 2, 2001. At time when the actual closing took place(April 5, 2001)the amount owed was then quoted as $83,594.31. $3,441.41 was added for prepayment penalty,and $509.83 for various other
fee's that I didnot understand.

I contacted them asking for an accountant for these fee's and was sent a check (amount of $474.11) from them April 30, 2001 as a refund for an over payment. I did not agree with their figures and still don't. I feel I was taken advantage of in the truest sense of the word.

Marion
Lansing, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairbanks-Capital-Corp/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-841125/Fairbanks-Capital-Corp-Assessed-Questionable-fees-for-payoff-of-my-mortgage-Salt-Lake-Cit-411255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairbanks Capital Corp