Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capital Corporation

• Submitted: Sat, July 03, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, July 03, 2004

• Reported By:Granbury Texas
Fairbanks Capital Corporation
10401 Deerwood Park Blvd Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Fairbanks Capital Corporation ripoff score one for the consumer Jacksonville Florida

Fairbanks forced me into bankruptcy in February 1999. Actually I filed bankruptcy before there were any foreclosure fees assessed so I lucked out! Anyway my loan was to be paid in full in March 2002. However my bankruptcy payments weren't going to be finished until September 2003.

In January 2003, Fairbanks took me to court to have my bankruptcy dismissed because they said I hadn't made my payments. I proved them wrong and they had to pay my attorney fees. HOORAY!!!!

I made my last house payment to them in March 2002. I never heard another word from them until August 2003. They called my attorney and said if I would send them $2200.00 I would have my loan paid in full. My attorney laughed at them and told them that they were getting payments through the bankruptcy court for 1 more month and that's was all they would get.

In November 2003 I received a letter from them stating that I owed them $1600.00. I immediately called them and told them that they couldn't all of a sudden change the amount that they had given the bankruptcy court back in 1999. 2 weeks later I received a letter stating "Your loan has been paid in Full". What idiots! I didn't receive my deed until May 2004, but I did finally get it.

I never paid my minimum payment - I always rounded it off or paid more. So I knew that they owed me $$$. I finally got proof of that when I received a letter stating they were being sued. That I had overpaid $2002.02. Of course I haven't received a penny of that money back yet, but hopefully will get something in the next month. Please do yourself a favor and make your payments using Western Union Quick Collect - that's what saved me and made them pay!!!!! I know it cost a little money, but in the end it's well worth it to have those records.

Kathy
Granbury, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2004 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairbanks-Capital-Corporation/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Fairbanks-Capital-Corporation-ripoff-score-one-for-the-consumer-Jacksonville-Florida-97493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairbanks Capital Corporation