Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capital Corporation

• Submitted: Sat, January 29, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, January 29, 2005

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
Fairbanks Capital Corporation
3815 S. West Temple Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Fairbanks Capital Corporation forced me into bankruptcy Salt Lake City Utah

This company is a First Rate, Class A, Rip-Off Financial Company that preys on it's customers and drains the very life-blood from them. They employ bullies that insult and degrade the customer until they have you doubting yourself.

After re-affirming the debt on our 2nd mortgage following a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, we were required to make our monthly payments via Western Union every month. This resulted in our not getting credit for all of the payments we made. When I called the company up in order to go over our payment history with them so that I could isolate the payment we were not getting credit for and send them proof that the payment had been made, they refused to discuss the list of payments they had received and told me, "It is not our fault if you are too stupid to keep up with your payments." That quote is exact.

As a result of their refusal to cooperate, we were forced into a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in order to get the time we needed to sell our home and repay the loan. We ended up paying an additional $10,000-$15,000 in interest that we did not owe as well as foreclosure fees on a loan that was never foreclosed on. We had made payments on this loan from its inception in 1997 until December 2003 and ended up paying off more money than we initially borrowed on the loan.

I am thoroughly disgusted with these people. It doesn't seem right that they can get away with the things they have done--not only to us but to other people.

I hope that it is not too late to join the class action suit against them. If anyone knows of an attorney in my area of Nashville, TN that is involved in this suit, please let me know how to contact them. I have not received any notice regarding a class action suit. I stumbled across this website by accident while trying to ascertain a company website where 1098 mortgage interest might be available.

Susan
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2005 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairbanks-Capital-Corporation/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-32256/Fairbanks-Capital-Corporation-forced-me-into-bankruptcy-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-129427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairbanks Capital Corporation