Complaint Review: Fairbanks, Select Portfolio Servicing

• Submitted: Tue, January 25, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 25, 2005

• Reported By:Asheville North Carolina
Fairbanks, Select Portfolio Servicing
PO Box 551170 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Fairbanks, Select Portfolio Servicing ripoff unresponsive now reporting bankruptcy on my credit when I have not filed bankruptcy Jacksonville Florida

Fairbanks sold my loan to Select Portfolio Servicing. Last summer I noticed they had an incorrect social security number for me in their records.

I called. They said to fax a copy of my social security card and the problem would be fixed. I, unfortunately believed them.

A few weeks ago I found out that SPS had not put my correct SS# in their system. I filled out a form to again correct it, that they had enclosed in my tax statements.

Still nothing. I called again. They said fax a copy of my SS card over. I did. It was a nonworking fax number. I called back. Got a different number to which I sent a lengthy and explicit three page fax.

Meanwhile, I was in the process of purchasing a business with my father. One of the lenders calls me asking about a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy showing up on my credit!

I have not filed for bankruptcy. The lender said it was only attatched to the SPS account and nothing else! Consequently, my Credit Score dropped 200 points in one day!!!!

So, I called SPS again. I asked for a confirmation of my fax. I explained my situation to the customer service(if you could call her that)rep.

I said, "I'm appealing to you as a human; don't put me on hold. I need this fixed right away."

She informed me that she was unable to locate my original loan documennts which she needed to make any changes.

She also said that the place the faxes go is different than where she is and niether of us could talk to with them. I am supposed to wait for them to contact me!!! I did that last summer.

She said to fax attn: Mr.McDonald, if that is helpful to anyone out there. I have contested this online with Transunion credit reporting agency. They say they will communicate with SPS.

I'm also doing the BBB thing and the other suggestions on this website. I think a law suit is definitely in order.

Now, I cannot continue with buying the new business. And SPS expects me to wait around for them to fix this mess. I don't think so.

DJC
Asheville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2005 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairbanks-Select-Portfolio-Servicing/Jacksonville-Florida-32255-1170/Fairbanks-Select-Portfolio-Servicing-ripoff-unresponsive-now-reporting-bankruptcy-on-my-c-128890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairbanks, Select Portfolio Servicing