Complaint Review: Fairbanks

• Submitted: Thu, May 22, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, May 24, 2003

• Reported By:Laurel Maryland
Fairbanks
3815 Southwest Temple Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Fairbanks Capital Corporation outlandish ripoff late fees Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: fairbanks need to be shut down

ripoff attempt to ruin individual financial future .....

Fairbanks Capital Corp. bought my mortgage loan in 1999. In missing due dates for two payments, Fairbanks proceeded to send me demand letters and threaten foreclosure even though I contacted them and made good on these payments. Throughout the last 3 years, Fairbanks has posted my payments late, then had the nerve to call me daily after I had made on-time payments either via US mail or wired transactions. The had initiated foreclosure two and it cost me approx. $15,000 in fees. This is usury and I was told that was against the law. It's a shame that the state of Maryland permits such foolishness.

Fortunately on April 30, 2003, I sold the house and paid those idiots off, however I do feel that they owe me money back, not to mention all the damage done to me by the threatening phone calls that they were going to 'take my home'.

You can't imagine how free I feel of them. The company needs to be out of business due to a class action ...I would be more than willing to participate in.

Yvonne
Laurel, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2003 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairbanks/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Fairbanks-Capital-Corporation-outlandish-ripoff-late-fees-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-58063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairbanks

fairbanks need to be shut down

AUTHOR: Edward - (U.S.A.)

I suggest people get out asap,because even when you sell your house they still try to foreclose on you.