Complaint Review: Faircall

• Submitted: Sat, July 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 26, 2008

• Reported By:Eagle MT. Utah
www.faircall Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Faircall Pay phone rip off Delray Beach Florida

Faircall is a pay phone rip off. I was in Provo UT. making a local call. The pay phone was in the DMV, of all places.

When you use a credit card, they turn your call into an international call. they charge a connection fee of five dollars, they charged an international conversion fee, and fifteen dollars a min. (about)

NO where on the phone does it say ANY thing about this outrages charge. when I received my credit card statement the charge for 4 calls, that were under a min. was $50!

I called the company at 800-608-0575 and DEMANDED a refund. and I have to thank this web site, because I saw someone else said they got a partial credit.

So when they said they wouldn't give me one, I asked for the supervisor, who finally agreed to credit me $20. The thing is, I probably won't get it because of the nature of this charge, I had to cancel my card.

I am guessing that might happen a lot, because Victor Garvey, the supervisor kept telling me not to change my credit card. I didn't tell him I did, with the hopes that it will still go through.

Eagle MT., Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2008 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Faircall/Delray-Beach-Florida/Faircall-Pay-phone-rip-off-Delray-Beach-Florida-355950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Faircall