Complaint Review: Fairco Finance - King Motor Company

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, March 19, 2006

• Reported By:Loxahatchee Florida
Fairco Finance - King Motor Company
1399 S. Federal Hwy Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Fairco Finance - King Motor Company Sold me a used lemon at high interest rate, then farmed loan 13 years later ripoff Deerfield Beach Florida

*Author of original report: Second complaint found on this site

WOW! HAPPY NEW YEAR! King Motors Florida! What a LOAN SHARK!

Iin 1993, I needed to get to work. I had bad credit, and I went to KMF to seek assistance with the purchase of a used car. They said the only car I could buy was an '86 Hyundai Excel (basically, bend over and grab the ankles). Now, we are all aware of the super high quality of this car. I knew they were trying to burn me, but at 23 and in need of keeping my job, I did what I had to do. The contract called for 28%!

3 months after I purchased it, the "Starship Enterprise" stranded me in the Keys on vacation. The stick locked up. I couldn't get it out of Reverse, though the Tranny was OK. A cheap repair for KMF. I had to pay $200 to get off the islands and I told KMF to go ahead and pick up the car. They called me a week later, and I met with the rep who told me I would have to pay the towing costs. I told KMF to go fly a kite.

The least they could've done was tried to get me in an alternative car. I made my payments while I owned the car. This used junk box could've easily been repaired and resold, which I'm sure was done. Leave it at that. NO ! I get a call from Cornholio Recovery Associates on 01/03/06 to MY BUSINESS LINE demanding $3782.00 ! NEW HYUNDAIS DON'T GO FOR THAT!

This is price gouging, over-the-top interest charges, credit abuse, and unlawful collection practices 13 years later (not to mention possible credit company discrimination, being Hispanic). Statute of Limitations in Florida is 5 years.

Needless to say, DON'T EVER BUY A CAR FROM KING MOTORS FLORIDA, especially a used car.

Rick
Loxahatchee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2006 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairco-Finance-King-Motor-Company/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33441/Fairco-Finance-King-Motor-Company-Sold-me-a-used-lemon-at-high-interest-rate-then-farme-170337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairco Finance - King Motor Company

Second complaint found on this site

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

I did a random search and found another complaint listed as "King Motors Hyundai" within the last two years. Here is the link: