Complaint Review: Fake Paypal Technical Support

• Updated: Wed, March 12, 2014

• Reported By: Marlene — Dublin Virginia
Fake Paypal Technical Support
Internet USA

Fake Paypal Technical Support Kyle, Steve, Sanjay I am paypal, you are hacked by other countries Internet

On Thursday, 3-6-14, I found 2 paypal phone numbers online for technical support.

I called 1 800 860 7318 first. He said my paypal was hacked by China and Russia. He wanted access to my computer to fix it for me and I refused and ended the call.

I then called the other number, 1 855 707 4445. This guy also wanted access to my computer. He directed me to www.showmypc.com. I went there and clicked to allow him access.

This guy closed my paypal and website that I had open and ready to fix. Many files ran up on my screen. He asked "windows 7?" He then sounded sympathetic and said "oh my God"...the files at the bottom showed Germany and California.

He pulled up a notepad, typed what was wrong with my computer, who hacked it, where to go for help to fix it, and how much it would cost me.

I shouted "I have no money", he aske me "You have no money?" I answered "I have no money."

I told him to leave my computer and he did leave, but he was still talking to me on the phone. I ended the call.

I called several times since then posing as 'a dummy in need of help'. I found out that these 2 phone numbers are in the same room, and the guys know each other. They hang up on you when they feel they are being cuaght or investigated. I always am told to go to www.showmypc.com so I can be helped, giving them access to my computer.

So far, the names there are 'Steve', 'Sanjay', and 'Kyle'.

I called on Sunday, 3-9-14, and spoke with 'Kyle'. I told him "My card has too much money on it and I want to give it all back", and he hung up. These guys could have took that 'money', however, they are wanting into computers.

I have scanned my computer for viruses in every way that I knnow how and it seems to be clean. However, it is 4 years old and may not recognise a new type of virus.

I don't use the computer online anymore. Did those guys have time to copy all my files?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2014 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fake-Paypal-Technical-Support/internet/Fake-Paypal-Technical-Support-Kyle-Steve-Sanjay-I-am-paypal-you-are-hacked-by-other-co-1130108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fake Paypal Technical Support