Complaint Review: Family Carpet Cleaning and Repair

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Maureen — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Family Carpet Cleaning and Repair
4130 Dixie Highway Elsmere, Kentucky United States of America

Family Carpet Cleaning and Repair Felisha Scroggins, Richard Lance Smith, Christine Smith Carpet Cleaning Mess....More Dirt than Clean Elsmere, Kentucky

Family Carpet Cleaning & Repair cleaned my family room carpet on Sunday, Feb 3, 2013.  While the technician, Chris, moved furniture, he had the cleaning machine sitting stationary on my family room floor.
While the machine sat still, it deposited muddy water onto the carpeting.  This wasn't noticeable until the carpet was in the drying process, and as it dried, large brown spots appeared where none had ever been before.
I called Family Carpet on Monday to ask that they send someone out to look at the problem and fix it. I left  two messages.
The technician returned my call on Monday night.  On Tuesday, he came and hand brushed the spots with cleaner, which did not remove the spots.  He promised to come the next day with the carpet cleaning machine to get the carpet clean.  The hand cleaning only softened the harsh brown rings in my carpet.  The technician never returned on Wednesday between 4 & 5pm as planned. Family Carpet never answers their phone number.  I left two messages on Thursday, Feb 7th.  No reply.  I left two messages again on Friday, and on Friday night I had message from the tech with his cell phone number.  I called him twice on Saturday, and both times had to leave messages.  On Sunday morning, 2/10,  I called him again, and had to leave another message.
He finally returned my call Sunday afternoon, and promised to be over on Monday between 3 & 4 to remove the spots.
He never showed up on Monday and never called.  On Tuesday, I called the office once again, and again had to leave a message.  The owner wasted no time in cashing my check for payment, and I am left with a heavily soiled carpet.  Along with a poor job, there is a total disregard for communication and a lack of commitment to correcting the situation.

A technician should come promptly to my home and re-clean the family room carpet.  If they won't do that, they should refund my money.  If they can't get the carpet back to the same condition prior to their mistake, they should refund my money and make retribution for the damaged carpet

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Carpet-Cleaning-and-Repair/Elsmere-Kentucky-/Family-Carpet-Cleaning-and-Repair-Felisha-Scroggins-Richard-Lance-Smith-Christine-Smith-1017033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Carpet Cleaning and Repair