Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corp.

• Submitted: Wed, October 22, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 23, 2008

• Reported By:Brownsville Kentucky
Family Credit Counseling Corp.
Wiles Road Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corp. Disabled senior ripped off and in trouble Coral Springs Florida

*Author of original report: Family Credit Counceling Corporation

*Consumer Suggestion: Susan

*Consumer Suggestion: Susan

Approx. five years ago, I signed up with FCCC to consolidate and pay off unsecured debt occured when my daughter had a very high risk pregnancy and could not work. FCCC took over approx $5000.00 in debt and the balance is now still around $3500.00. I live on $650.00 Soc. Sec. disability and am giving them $100.00 a month now that I live alone. I was forced to reduce the payment to $100.00 a month 18 months ago when I was abandoned by my mate.

I am making these payments faithfully by cashiers check as I don't want them to be able to access my checking acct. I don't see the balance ever reducing and can not afford this insanity. As it is, I can't afford many of the basics of life. I am writing this from the library.

What does one do? They don't return calls or emails. I keep telling my kids, who are in no position to help, that I am just going to stop payments and get thrown into the medical ward of some jail. I know they can't garnishee a disability check. I have paid them a lot of money over five years and am not in any position to do this for the rest of my life. Help.

Brownsville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corp/Coral-Springs-Florida-33076/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corp-Disabled-senior-ripped-off-and-in-trouble-Coral-Springs-Flo-383858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corp.

Family Credit Counceling Corporation

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

I was originally hooked in by Christian Consolidation. As soon as the "deal was cut", I was transferred to FCCC. When I complained that this was done with no notice and that they had a bad reputation, I was advised that they were "sister companies" and not to worry about gossip.

One of the accounts, the largest, has "charged off account" on the monthly FCCC invoice. If that means that the account had been written off, my pay off would drop in half. Arrow Financial now has all three accounts to include the one that is "charged off". Who do I call? I don't want to get screamed at anymore. I have been a cash and carry person all of my life until my daughter's medical problems came up.

I really don't worry about my credit rating anymore. When you live on a small disability check, you pay cash for what little you purchase anyhow. After paying rent, utilities, and FCCC I have 150.00 to live off of. That extra 100.00 would improve my lifestyle greatly. Thanks.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

You are what is called "judgement proof". They can not take your disablity and so if you can not afford to pay them any longer then stop paying. I can tell you have kept trying and you've done what you can. Do not sweat this, send them an explanation and know you have done the best you can do.

Good luck,