Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, December 29, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2005

• Reported By:Grandville Michigan
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N State Rd 7 Suite G-104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation Ripoff provides no customer service and flat out steals Lauderdale Lakes Florida

As many other reports here have stated, I too joined with this company who claims to have been affected by Hurricane Wilma. They also claim to be caught up. One of my creditors told me I am now three months behind and I needed to have them send a new proposal and I had three weeks to do it. For three weeks straight I tried to contact them to no avail.

I finally got a call back from someone two days before the charge off date. They assured me it was taken care of and I followed up with them twice that day and then again the next day. It was all set. Well, after my call from a lawyer today for Citi Cards, my account has been charged off which reflects on your credit report for the next seven years and I FCCC did not contact anyone. The lawyer for the Credit Card company gave me the best advice yet and told me to look into any class action suits in my state. She told me I should pull my business from there immediately and that they are not a reputable company.

I wrote, faxed, and called today to remove my business from there service with no response. I have documentation of the 18 emails I have sent them in the last three months, If only I had the phone calls!!!! I am very interested in the class action suits. Its horrifying when the company you go to for help when you are already in a bad situation takes advantage of you and makes it worse.

Side Note: I just noticed that there BBB liscense was suspended last week pending investigation. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

Mary
Grandville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2005 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33315/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-Ripoff-provides-no-customer-service-and-flat-out-st-169757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation