• Report: #198018

• Submitted: Sun, June 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, June 25, 2006

• Reported By:Lacrosse Wisconsin
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N State 7, Ste G-104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation Stole my $1400.00 Deposit ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

On or about May 22, 2006 I contacted Family Credit Counseling Corporation and advised them that I had received a sum of money and would like to pay off all of my bills. I have been with the company for over 2 years now. I talked to a counselor named Starr and told her of my situation. She explained to me that if I wanted to pay off all my bills to get the payoffs of all the accounts and send them a money order. I asked her if I
paid them myself what would happen. She told me I would not get a certificate of completion. I then asked her if I would have any problems getting my $1400.00 retainer back. She told me NO. So I proceeded to call all the credit card companies to get payoffs.

While calling for the payoffs I discovered that 3 of my payments were late. At this time I decided to payoff the accounts myself as I did not want any delays and more interest accruing and Starr had told me there would be no penalty for this. There was over $46,000 involved in the payoffs. I then paid off all of the accounts and sent FCCC an Email notifying them of this. I never got a response from them.

On June 2,2006 I called them to verify them of the Email. I talked to a woman named Latasha. She told me they received the Email. I then asked her when I would be receiving my $1400.00 in retainer money. She told me that I broke the agreement and would not be receiving any money back. I explained the conversation with Star and she continued to give me the same answer. I only paid these accounts off myself based on information provided by one of their counselors.

I need this money and would not have done this if I knew my money wasnt going to be returned. I was ill advised and should get my money back. Over the course of 2 years with this company I received many nasty letters from the credit card companies about late payments. Also dealt with the so-called hurricane ordeal. It was a long 2 years with these people and I am glad it is over. Well most of it except my $1400.00 they owe me.

Jeff
Lacrosse, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2006 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33315/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-Stole-my-140000-Deposit-ripoff-Lauderdale-Lakes-Flo-198018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation