Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 01, 2006

• Reported By:Elk Grove California
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N. State Road 7 Lauderdale Lakes Florida 33319, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation, CDME Ripoff or Incompetent Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Consumer Comment: Going through the same

I thought I was the only one suffering through this nightmare with this company. I signed up with FCCC through CDME (evidently the parent company) back in September'05 for $1314. It has been a total disaster, they pull payments and don't disperse payments to the creditors in a timely manner or not at all. I had (4) of the original (8) creditors to negotiate with me a much better rate and I removed these accounts. FCCC does absolutely no negotiating with creditors or follow-up on proposals.

I have had to personally call each creditor for the past 3 months over and over to verify that they had received a proposal from FCCC. For February, they pulled on the 6th $251 more from my account than required. Today is the 24th, I receive notice from my creditors that they hadn't been paid. I called FCCC only to find out that they froze my account because "accounting" is still processing my $251 refund. My request to speak to a Supervisor or Manager falls on deaf ears, they are always in a meeting and will call me back. I have yet to get a call back from them. I have repeatedly call/faxed/email and the response is zip.

My credit used to be very good but is totally screwed up at this point. I have experienced thousands of dollars in late/overlimit fees because of the total incompetence of the outfit. Although I had hoped that things would improve, I can see from the other ripoff reports, that I need to cut this relationship off now.

I do intend to contact the Attorney General (although not sure whether this is Florida or California) and I definitely would be interested in a class action suit.

Mary
Elk Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-CDME-Ripoff-or-Incompetent-Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-177838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

Hi there,
I am going through the same thing right now. I have reported FCCC to the BBB. FCCC contacted me and still is doing nothing. I would like to bring a class action suit against this company as well. I just have no idea how to go about doing this. I think if enough of us get together will all have a good case. Any ideas?