Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, July 15, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 16, 2007

• Reported By:Bridgeville Pennsylvania
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N State Road 7, Suite G-104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation Make payments to creditors late, then drop you taking your money among other things ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Author of original report: Guess who just joined the BBB of Southeast Florida?

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! They have made late payments requiring me to have incurred increased finance charges, late fees, creditors dropping me from their programs and required me to stay on top of them to do what should have been done contractually.

At the beginning back in December 2003, I set up one account with them and had paid 1 month in advance which I was to receive on completion of the program which was 53 months. When Hurricane Katrina hit was when things started going awry and possibly when Armestong came on board as President as well but not sure. FCCC blamed their problems on the hurricane.

I for one don't believe it takes 3 months to get things in order. Since that time, I stupidly placed 5 other accounts with them thinking that everything was now okay. Payments have been moved closer and closer to the creditors due dates and in some cases, missed them. I reported them twice to the BBB in South Florida.

Recently, I was called by them and said I was being dropped from the program which they did. They told me that they were not returning my first months advance and contractually they did not have to do so. (I checked the contract and they are right legally because it said that if I ceased the program FOR ANY REASON, they did not have to return it. guess they realized they will need it for the pending class action suit, huh?)

You want a good creditable company to handle your DMP affairs, go to Trinity Debt Management in Cincinnati, OH they have helped me tremendously and I can vouch for their good communication and work there.

Jon
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2007 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-Make-payments-to-creditors-late-then-drop-you-taking-260947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

Guess who just joined the BBB of Southeast Florida?

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

Guess who just joined the BBB of Southeast Florida? Yep, you guessed it, the FCCC. Got on the BBB of Southeast Florida website, put in FCCC and lo and behold, the FCCC joined the BBB just 16 days ago! Interesting though, don't know if anyone got any of the reports PRIOR to them joining the BBB but the BBB of Southeast Florida trashed the living hell out of them back then.

All of a sudden now, they are back in the BBB's good graces. just in time for the upcoming class action suit! Good suggestion to do by the lawyers for the FCCC I can only assume. But as one person wrote in past reports, makes you wonder about the creditability of the BBB of Southeast Florida. I think there is a website that states something to that regard. more on this in an update if I can find it.