Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, November 22, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, December 13, 2005

• Reported By:Toledo Ohio
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N. State Rd 7 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation Stressed Out Ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Author of original report: New phone number

*Author of original report: Fax them

I started with FCCC a few months ago. I had to pay a setup fee to another company at first, then I think I was sold to FCCC. I called all my creditors to make sure they got the proposals. And of course some had to be sent 2 or 3 times. And some were declined and had to be resubmitted with a new payment amount. All my creditors either elimated or lowered the APR and monthly payments. Which is totally awesome. FCCC messed up on the first withdrawl date and I had to stop payment and pay a fee to my bank. Then the first set of payments were late. Then the hurricane hit. I couldn't get a hold of anyone because they transferred everything to the NC office. My 10/15 payment came out of my account but my creditors have still not received the money. Of course the hurricane was the excuse for all that. But it's been almost 6 weeks. I made all my November payments myself and I told them to stop the debit from my account until Dec. So here we are and I still have no clue about the Oct 15th payment and if my payments will ever be made on time. They told me after 3 months of payments the late fees will go away. Here is why I am stressed. TheFCCC phone # has been busy, I get no responses from emails etc... I just want to know what it going on. Are they out of business??? I have never I have never had a late payment on my credit until now. I only wanted to use them to help with the APR's and get the debt in order quicker. BUT I did't expect late payments. I don't know what to do?? I am very stressed. This is unacceptable.

Kellie
Toledo, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2005 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-Stressed-Out-Ripoff-Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-165537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

New phone number

AUTHOR: Kellie - (U.S.A.)

I talked to Jackie on 12/2 and I am hoping everything is going to work out. They agreed to me paying my bills Nov and Dec. They will start taking out money again in Jan. I wanted them to get my account in order before they started taking money. All of my accounts were wrong so everything had to be updated. My Oct 15th payment was sent to the wrong creditors. So some of them got two payments in the month. So I am going to double up in Jan on the ones they paid incorrectly. The phone number I have is different so I am hoping you can all get through. Here is the number-866-240-7172. The fax number is the same 954-670-0811. I have had success faxing them.

Fax them

AUTHOR: Kellie - (U.S.A.)

Here is the fax number 954-670-0811. Tell them to stop debiting your account until they get things fixed and make the payments yourself. I did that for the month of November and will continue until they can fix the problems and pay my bills on time. They agreed to let me do that.

I feel bad for everyone. Some have it worse then me. I wasn't told I would get back the $472 for the setup fee either. But they broke several other promises, like paying my bills on itme. Still waiting for the 10/15 payment to be applied. There phone is still busy and no answers from the emails.

I am hoping it works out for everyone.