Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, January 19, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 19, 2007

• Reported By:Castalia Ohio
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N. State Road 7 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation Watch out you could be next, don't let what happened to us happen to you ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

If only we knew of Ripoffreport.com before I signed up with CDC, Christian Debt Consolidation, I might not have ended up working with Family Credit Counseling Corporation.

Ken @ CDC never mentioned our account would be transferred from CDC to FCCC. Our original deposit to CDC was $490, which was taken out in Sept of 2006. As soon as they took that money they transferred my account to FCCC.

FCCC called to say that they had to increase my costs, this happened 3-4 times and I had to pay $610 by November. But by November only a couple of the cards received payment, of course they are the lowest cost so they don't as much money from them.

I started noticing late fees coming up on my statements from the credit card companies, and then there are a few that did not receive any payment until December!

I am one that checks my credit reports regularly; we did have a good score until FCCC came into my life! This score dropped over 170 points within two months. thanks for the help FCCC!

By January I decided to start digging even deeper on CDC & FCCC, I found a lot of information from ripoffreport.com that was extremely helpful!

I contacted all of credit card companies to see what type of percentage rate I would receive if I dropped out of FCCC; my rates were 9.99% and were told that they would go up to 15.9%. I then contacted a financial planner to see what my options would be once I dropped FCCC, I have worked out another plan of payment.

At that time I called FCCC, they wanted to know why I am dropping out of the program, and I did not tell them until they passed me off to a manager. They are going to stop withdrawing money from my account. I found that they owe me $1200; this was for the cards they did not pay in those 4 months.

I can promise you that in the next few days they will try to take money from my account, needless to say ripoffreport.com had an article about closing your bank account and opening it with a different bank all together, I completed that process today.

I have started writing my letter to FCCC & CDC with a cc: on everyone I plan on sending this too (obviously via certified mail with a return receipt): Attorney General of Florida, BBB of Southeast Florida, FTC, Consumer Affairs and anyone else I can find.

As the next few days progress I will let you know what is happening. I pray that my words will help someone else with either of these companies.

Jennifer
Castalia, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2007 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-Watch-out-you-could-be-next-dont-let-what-happened-231546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation