Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, November 22, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, November 22, 2005

• Reported By:New Creek West Virginia
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N. State Rd 7 Suite G-104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation beware of this company ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

This company received a check from our credit union to pay off our credit cards as per our agreement. We had been with this company for two years and it was so-so. We could never contact anyone about any questions or problems we had. As of this writing, I have been "on hold" with this company right now waiting for someone to answer the phone for one hour. It's a toll free number so it is their dime.

Anyway, this company received this check from our credit union on Oct 14, 2005 and as of this date (Nov 22, 2005) still have not paid off our credit cards. At first when we started to call, they would say it was because of the hurricane and the computers were all down. But they received the check 2 weeks BEFORE the hurricane.

Now they are saying it will be paid in 10 days. I am fearful that we may lose our money. This is over $12,000.00 that they have. I have called almost every day and certainly every week. They have the poorest service I have ever seen in any kind of a company. Also, no one told me this when I signed up with them. It puts a black mark on your credit.

When I signed up, I was not behind in my payments and the credit cards were all being paid. We wanted to get the interest lowered which they did, however, it made a black mark on our credit and that was the main reason for getting out of it. If I had it all to do over, I would have broke the contract and mailed the payments to the credit card companies directly. As per the contract, we were required to send the money to them to disburse. However, they are not abiding by their part of the contract.

Please beware. There has to be a better way. Stay away from this company.

Norman
New Creek, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2005 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-beware-of-this-company-ripoff-Lauderdale-Lakes-Florid-165503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation