Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, January 12, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 09, 2006

• Reported By:Newberg Oregon
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N. State Road 7 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Consumer Comment: Don't Give Up

*Author of original report: Who will Help us stop FCCC?

*Consumer Comment: The twilight zone

*Author of original report: Update on my issues with FCCC

*Consumer Comment: FCCC lies

*Consumer Comment: the hurricane truly is not an excuse

*Author of original report: Hurricane is not an excuse

*Consumer Comment: Do you have any idea what a hurricane can do???

We sign up with this company back in early September of this year. After they were more than happy to take out over $900 from our account they never ever did a thing for us. After over a month and half of calls from us to them we got now where. All we got where sad tales of Hurricane Wilma and they were not servicing anyone at this time. In the mean time our creditors were never paid and we got nothing but calls and letters from our creditors.

Once we decided to pull out of this scam operation and get our money back we were screwed. We have now had to file for backruptcy due to what they have done to us.
we are way over the 60 day time frame to get our money back from the back. We have had to close our original back account and switch banks all together due to threats from creditors taking money out of our original account.

Because of this company we are finacially ruined. And they have never returned one call or email. the refuse to help or fix what they have done!

Newberg, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2006 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-ripoff-Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-171502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

Don't Give Up

AUTHOR: Private - (U.S.A.)

I just read your post: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff171502.htm

First of all, I would like to say how I wish I was back in Washington or Oregon. It is my hope that you and your family never make the mistake that I made by moving.

Second thing that I would like to say is: I know what you're going through. I know that feeling of pain, anger, hopelessness and despair. Hang in there. Don't give up. It will work out and in a few years, you and your family will be a lot wiser and better off. Keep in mind that you know they ripped you off have you ever meet a person who bragged about the great deal they got? There are a lot of people who don't know they have been ripped off.

Let's see Hurricane Wilma what a great excuse lost all are records, computers destroyed, building demolished, parking lot flooded, our dog died, our employee broke there nail, Hurricane Wilma stole our homework Check Book and ink pens gone... aw gee Mr. AG, we tried to protect things we nailed a two by four over the window

Becoming educated about the Better Business Bureau, State Attorney Generals, and the Federal Trade Commission is hard! You're going to find out, that other than a few letters, they will not do a thing for you.

You will soon find out that the only thing that the Better Business Bureau does is they collect membership fees from criminals who run the companies that you are complaining about and when you complain about those companies the BBB will forward the letters from the companies that were written by the criminals and the criminals are more than happy to pay the BBB membership fee to make you think that they are an honest/decent company/person Symmetry!

The BBB will then list your complaint as resolved, administratively closed, or state that the company was more than reasonable and made a good faith effort to solve this problem that you are the one who is being unreasonable

With the Family Credit Counseling Corporation saying they talked to you can you see where this is going?

A good report to read about the BBB is here and it will give you accurate information: http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff1343.htm

Is this true? Is the BBB really like this?

Yes it is and you have to focus on the fact that you are not the BBB's customer! You have never been there customer! You will never be there customer! The BBB will only let you file one complaint about a company, one complaint only after that they will not respond to a new complaint!

If you would like, you can look at a few of the reports that I have written, which will show that I believe what I am saying.

Please keep in mind; you should continue to write letters of complaint to the BBB, AG's and to the FTC. Just don't make the mistake of thinking anything will happen.

Why should you continue to write if it is just a waste of time? It is never a waste!

Yes, you will discover that these companies will write to the BBB claiming they talked to you when in reality they haven't. They will write to the AG's and BBB with all kinds of claims that have no bearing in truth or reality. They will even flat out ignore the BBB and AG, because they will get away with it. But the reason why you should write is because you just might help someone else, who is worse off than you!

(The California AG mailed me a survey asking how they handled a complaint. I wrote on the survey That was a year ago, you didn't contact the company and you didn't do anything. Three weeks went by and they mailed a response letter from the company who denied everything. I wrote back to the AG and said, You have got to be kidding about this, you waited over a year and you just got around to sending a letter? I told them to drop it that they really did a lousy job. Two weeks went by and the FTC nailed the company they had thousands of complaints that were similar to mine.)

Think about this for a while; our current administration pushed through major changes to the Nations Bankruptcy laws. One of the changes is the requirement that people wishing to declare Bankruptcy must go through CREDIT COUNCILING What is the name of the company that scammed you? Who else are they going to steal from?

You have to trust me in the fact that companies like Family Credit Counseling Corporation, will use Television Ads, Radio Ads, Internet, E-Mails, and Telemarketing calls to get new customers. So use your computer to write complaint letters and send them then post it on the rip-off report website. You just might help a stranger decide not to do business with them.

What does this have to do with your situation? How will this help you? I can only give you advice! I can only provide encouragement! I can not solve this problem for you!

Yes you are going through a very difficult time. Yes this is when you and your family will be vulnerable to fraud, cheats, and rip-offs. The organizations that claim to help will not do a thing for you; you're going to learn how to do it for yourself.

As you go through Bankruptcy, keep your family together that is more important than anything, just keep your family together. Learn how to talk to your loved ones some people will shout or scream when under extreme stress, so learn how to talk.

Remember, companies like Family Credit Counseling Corporation will sell your name, address, and phone number to other companies. You will get all kinds of calls and offers for a fee. Check it out with your local BBB. Then check it out with the National BBB, yes you will get a different report. But don't forget to do a Google search. Then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look up the company on the rip-off report website.

Get a secured Credit Card. Change your phone number to unlisted. Make sure you sign up for the National Do Not Call list which was setup by the FTC; you can do it for free from your computer. Just type www.donotcall.gov and you will go to the correct site. Be sure to register your number, your family's phone number, and your neighbor's phone numbers. Learn all you can about the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

I see that you filed a complaint with the Florida AG's office if you don't get any help from them, write back and ask why they are not doing anything about such a common and widely reported scam?

What do I really want to know? Why is Florida such a Mecca for Scammers?

File a complaint with your AG in Oregon. Point out that this is a major scam and it is very common. Don't be embarrassed, that is how a company like Family Credit Counseling Corporation stays in business because so many people will give up or they are too embarrassed to say anything.

Make sure you provide clear, easily read, documentation to your AG in Oregon.

Does this sound overwhelming? Too much too do? Do you feel like giving up?

Ask yourself, If a robber held a knife to you and stole $900 dollars, would you have this much trouble getting help from the state? Why is it that they can steal/rob you of $900 and the AG's don't have the time of day for you? What is the difference?

There is a group called the Travelers, which are the United States versions of modern day gypsies. Every year the Travelers, as the call themselves, leave there homes in Virginia, North Carolina they drive by homes and stop, knock on the doors and claim that they couldn't help but notice you needed a new roof or a new driveway you would get more help from your local police department fighting Travelers, than you would from any AG or independent BBB fighting a dishonest business.

Just tell yourself, I am not going to let them walk over me. Then read or re-read Animal Farm, you will then believe me when I say that there is no difference between the AG's, BBB, Politicians and the Company that stole from you. Focus on the fact that after church; they will be out on the golf course joking with each other about you and I

Have your family and friends call them; get the names of the people they talked to. Have your friends ask questions about what it is they do, just make sure that calls are from payphones! Then write it all down and post it to this site. Keep records, keep very good records and make sure that what you say and do is true and correct to the best of your abilities. Make sure that you can hold your head up proudly with what you write, if you can't don't write it. Find out who the owner is.

If you want to see a little of what I have gone through, check out: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff180000.htm

Another report that I wrote is at: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff175312.htm just look for I believe you.

Never forget that you are dealing with a different type of terrorist.

Never forget that the reason why Attorney Generals are called AG's is because after you talk with them you will say, Aw Gee now I see why they would never help a person like me!

Yes, I have had Attorney Generals flat out lie and state that the law does not give them jurisdiction, that they can not and will not help. There is no difference between criminals and State Attorney Generals in my book Well one does do there job too well and the other refuses to do there job Remember, no harm no foul is there mandate.

In closing: Stacy, I know that you asked your friends and family for help. No doubt you asked about a local Credit Counseling Center and may have heard negative things. You may have searched the Internet looking for a good company. Somehow, you got mixed up with a bad company. Don't feel bad. Don't feel stupid. That is exactly how they want you to feel You're a good person who got mixed up with a very bad company don't give up!

Who will Help us stop FCCC?

AUTHOR: Stacy - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your support Lindsay! I have truly kept everything I have about this whole damm experince. I did file a complaint with the Atty General in Florida, with ther Federal Trades Commision, and with the BBB.

I am at the point that I am so READY for a Class Action Suit. I would love to get involved with that one. Mr. Armstrong and his whole group of people need to understand that the public in on to the untruths and the shameful way they have all behaved towards us.

They have "stuck" to us long enough. Isn't it time we the people and the clients they "screwed" stick it to them and put them out of work once and for all. I think so.
Will someone. Anyone help us and STOP FCCC?!

The twilight zone

AUTHOR: Lindsay - (U.S.A.)

I cannot even believe that they said that to you. Is this the freakin' twilight zone or what? What is going on here? Have you kept everything from them, such as those silly, false monthly statement fccc sends each month showing how quickly your balances are decreasing when your creditors are not even being paid? How does that happen? Keep your bank statements and I would do some research on consumer advocates in your area because often times they will work with you for free to try and help you out. They can't deny you were ever in their system if you have the proof there. Are they just going to wipe every disgruntled client out of their system now? They really can;t get away with this. I am truly blown away by this chick Jackie.

I am fuming right now. Did you file a complaint with the attorney general of Florida? I can't understand why nothing is being done about this. The AG in Florida must be getting complaint after complaint about these people. What is going to happen here? keep updating. Lindsay

Update on my issues with FCCC

AUTHOR: Stacy - (U.S.A.)

So get this one. After filing a complaint with the BBB about FCCC and being told my issues had been adressed with me personaly. Which is not true since I had never at that point had a phone message, email or letter returned by this company. I then of course did a rebutal to their claim. I was then advised by the BBB that FCCC will not work with them or with me about my issues. I was advised by the BBB to file a complaint with the Federal Trades Comission and with the State Atty office for Florida.
Funny thing.....after I filed my rebutal I get a call from a "Jackie" with FCCC. She wants to discuss my comlaint with the BBBB. We truned her call and yet again went over all our issues with this company. The fact that we had a signed contract with FCCC for services they never complied with in a timly manner (over 2 months after taking our set fee $947 and screwing us up with or creditors) we had no choice but to stop any other payments due to go out to them in the future and try to recover from their screw up. WELL!!!! Jackie informs us they have no record of us in their system at all?!!! WHAT?! She has no record of ever having taken out a $947 payment from our account (funny I have a bank statement that clearly reads Family Credit Cons withdrew the amount. All this "Jackie" person could say is "Sorry we have nor record of that and can not help you." AHHHH!!!!!!!!!
What a damm shame that not this has happened to us. But to hundreds (and more than likely hundreds more not reported) of people around the country. Hundreds of people who have so far filed a formal complaint with the BBB.
I ask this....When the HELL is this going to finally get someones attention and help people like all of us get what we want? Justice fairness and undoing what wrong has been done to us all.

FCCC lies

AUTHOR: Stacy - (U.S.A.)

I just got a response to my formal complaint with BBB about FCCC. Seems a Mr. Phil Garner the Director of Community Development with FCCC responed by stating that my "concerns" where addressed with me personaly and taken care of. now tell me how in the Hell did that happen!? I have never had one phone call, email or letter answered. The only people I have ever talked to with this company are the ones that took the messages on the phone and "promised" I would get a call back. In 3 months not one return call. Yet my concerns have been handled? How?!
Now I see that in response to Lindsay (from Kittery, Maine) Mr. James Armstrong (CEO of FCCC) had so much to say about her complaint. Which in turn (per Lindsay) is full of untruths and tall tales. So it is plain to see that this company is not one to trust. They are not a company that helps those who seek help when done wrong by them.
Why do they still do business? And whay has a class action suit not been brought aginst them yet?
All we want is our money back. FCCC broke their comtract with us and now they are not willing to admit guilt of fix the problem.
SHAME on FCCC. And as for Mr. Armstrong...maybe you should actually talk to thoes of us that are seeking help. Because I have yet to talk to anyone with your company that can actually do more than "take a message".

the hurricane truly is not an excuse

AUTHOR: Lindsay - (U.S.A.)

I too have been ripped off and scammed by this unethical company and if this so called debt relief organization is "up and running" enough to take money from people over and over again than they should be able to do their god d**n job and deliver on the services promised. If the hurricane was devastating to them then they should have transfered all of their clients files over to a company who could deliver the services properly. That is what any ethical company would do. They have financialy ruined a lot of lives here. Yes, people do get themselves into debt however these people, myself included, want to step up and take resposibility fot their mistakes and this company promises to help right wrongs and get people on the right track and instead they are creating horrible, emotional turmoil and burdens, so the bottom line is who gives a f#$* about the hurricane cuz guess what? I DON'T!!!!

Hurricane is not an excuse

AUTHOR: Stacy - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your comment. But a huricane is not excuse for the ignored calls, letter and emails. In reviewing the other complaints about this company it is plain to see that they have bad business practices and must be stopped! So many of us have be ripped off and lied to over and over again. They have no care as to the damage they have done. They care nothing about our need for answers. They have not once answerd any calls, letters or emails. That is not the cause of a hurricane, that is just bad business. And I truly hope a class action suit is brought on and I am more than willing to join in on that.

Do you have any idea what a hurricane can do???

AUTHOR: Barb - (U.S.A.)

I am not saying that the company was right or wrong but do you have a clue about how devastating a hurricane can be??? Not to mention that Wilma struck after Katrina hit New Orleans. Know what that means??? Most of the electric companies were in New Orleans, Gulfport, etc helping to restore power there so Floridians had to wait. They were without power for a long time in South Florida. You weren't screwed by the credit counseling company. A hurricane messed you up along with a whole lot of other people. At least you still have a roof over your head. Do you have any idea what it is like to live without water, gas for your vehicle, electricity? Not for a day or two but for weeks on end. When a hurricane hits the hospitals/nursing homes get first relief. I'm sorry that you have credit problems but don't come on here and take it out on a company that truly suffered during Hurricane Wilma, not to mention that 7 hurricanes have hit Florida in the last 18 months.