• Report: #204821

• Submitted: Sun, August 06, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 08, 2006

• Reported By:brownsville Texas
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: There are a lot of factors here that prevent an easy answer..

*Author of original report: rebuttal to steve

*Consumer Suggestion: A question for "lito"...AND..Close that bank accout TODAY!!

i signed up with christian debt consolidation 2 weeks ago without checking the internet the veracity of this company. That was my biggest mistake in my life! They took my money $1200 from my bank and told me that i would be transferred to Family credit counseling corporation for 3 years. I faxed the necessary papers with my voided check and hoping that I would be debt-free in the next three years. Out of curiosity, I typed up the name of the company in Google, and to my consternation, there were answers in my searches.

Actually, I read a lot of articles in Ripoffreport.com. I was sweating profusely and called my wife. I had a tremendous headache after reading the articles. Since, they will be drafting the first payment on the 22 of August, I have plenty of time to stop this senseless actions they are doing to us. I would contact my lawyers and alerted my creditors not to negotiate with these people. I would contact the FTC and Attorney General here in Texas to notify them of what happened. I am praying hard that they would let me go of their program.

Help me on how I could get my money back and removing myself from the program. Any ideas, guys? Thank you everybody for posting your experiences to alert people all over the United States.

lito
brownsville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2006 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-ripoff-Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-204821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

There are a lot of factors here that prevent an easy answer..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I would first prevent any more money being taken from that bank account. I would close it immediately! That is the only way you can stop the preauthorized debit from occuring.

It all depends what you agreed to in any contract you signed. I would look closely at any cancellation and/or refund provisions in it.

I would also make any requests or complaints in writing by certified mail, return reciept requested. Stay off the phone as phone calls never existed if this goes to court.

If there is a breech of contract situation, you will most likely need a lawyer to get your money back, which might be a financial break even situation at best.

I would research the companies and send lots of complaints by the means above, and contact one of those consumer advocates at the local news station to expose the rip off.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

rebuttal to steve

AUTHOR: Manolito - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your response,Steve. What else should I do? Am I going to be liable for the contract that I signed from the other company that referred me to Family Credit Counseling? I need your response Steve. Do I need to get a lawyer?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

A question for "lito"...AND..Close that bank accout TODAY!!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Lito,

Close that bank account IMMEDIATELY and open another one in a different bank. This is the only way you can stop the transaction. Even changing within the same bank would not work as the pre-authorized debit just transfers to your new account.

Why did you put a credit counseling business under the debt collector category? It is imperative to properly categorize your post so others will see it when doing a search on that type of business.

FYI...Credit counseling is the biggest scam out there and they cannot do anything for you that you cannot do yourself. They are essentially working for the creditor, and many of them are actually funded and controlled by banks.

Good luck.