Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, January 17, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 17, 2006

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 N. State Rd. 7 Suite G-104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation ripoff, dishonest, always late, will not respond Lauderdale Lakes Florida

For starters the rep that talked to me about joining the program is a third party rep and misinformed from the jump.

It took over two months for them to pay creditors each month. When they started they didn't pay all the creditors, so I had to check and see which ones weren't paid so that I could pay them that month

They ask you to change all your due dates to the 15th of the month or later, but they are always late in making your payments.

They have taken my payments out of my checking account for two months in a row but have not paid my creditors. Now I have creditors calling because my accounts are past due.

I have sent numerous emails but no one will contact me back. When I call I'm on hold for over 30 minutes at a time or more.

Last time I called they said my account was placed on hold, because they had double billed me, which was not true. During hurricane season they were affected and my November payment was never taken from my account.

Now they claim my account was placed on hold, but they continue to take my payment from my checking account and haven't paid my bills.

I'm being told that things are being done to pay my creditors and I've asked for documenation, but they have not sent me any documentaion I've requested, nor have I seen the payments post on my credit accounts.

It's been a horrible experience and truly not worth my time. I was doing better on my own. My credit accounts were not late before I got on the program because they said I would pay less interest and pay my bills off sooner.

Barbara
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2006 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-ripoff-dishonest-always-late-will-not-respond-Laud-172131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation