Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, January 23, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 23, 2006

• Reported By:Flowood Mississippi
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
4850 North State Road 7 Suite G104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation ripoff, negligent, inconsiderate pricks Lauderdale Lakes Florida

I started with this company December 2004. I had to send a $300 "Deposit" to Consumer Debt Management. Refunded only when completed paying off my debts. Void if paaid outside of the company.

Payments on all of my accounts have been late from my first month forward. Some accounts were paid the exact amount every month, yet others would not receive payment for 2 to 3 months and get a double or triple payment.. Great accounting! I had all of my accounts paid off except for 3 clients. I contacted Family Credit in the first week of September to get my balance for the remaining three accounts. They asked for 72 hours to get the numbers. After that weekeend I personally called my creditors and got the exact amounts owed within 15 minutes and called Family Credit. I gave them the exact amounts. They asked for 72 hours again. Hurricane Wilma.. Took me a week and a half to get someone on the phone and was told they had "minor water damage" and had to evacuate to S. Carolina. I got that number through research and got someone. Again. 72 hours.. I called and called and sent e-mails. Finally got someone December 15, 2005. I gave them the exact amount to pay off my remaining 3 accounts and sent them a Certified Check. They finally found my check on the 4th of January and sent my payments. I'm still waiting on my 3rd account to post. That creditor hasn't recieved a payment since September 16, 2005!! I have also received a $35 "contribution" bill for this month and I am paid out. What the h**l am I paying for??

Will I ever get my "Deposit" back? It took me 4 MONTHS to pay off my remaining accounts to get out of the program! I could have done it on my own within two weeks! I want my money back!! DO NOT use this company. Also: I found out later that there is a Government Cap on how much you can be charged for these monthly "contributions". It's $20.. I've been paying $35 a month for over a year..

Flowood, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2006 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-ripoff-negligent-inconsiderate-pricks-Lauderdale-La-172920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation