Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, July 24, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2007

• Reported By:Branford Connecticut
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
State Road 7 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation Are you kidding me!! FCCC is like a house of mirrors..non profit Ripoff Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Consumer Comment: Just found out about this, and I'm sick.

*Consumer Suggestion: Responding to John's Rebuttal,,,Maureen check thiss out as well

*Consumer Comment: Advise....

I signed up with FCCC on the advice of a friend who did not appear to have any problems with them. From day 1, I have had nothing but problems!

There are the small issues of unreturned phone calls, being put on hold, being told the department I needed to deal with is gone for the day, etc. These are all things you expect to hear from scam artists....I should've known, right?

The very first month, my funds were not dispersed by FCCC to my creditors on time and they (the creditors) proceeded to drop me from the program.

FCCC, after me calling them over and over again, reassured me that this always happens the first month and that their accounting department must be understaffed...no need to worry they said.

In the past few days, I requested a confirmation letter from one of my creditors so that I could have it for my files...they said they don't do that.

I told them I wanted to back out of the deal since they had not done anything they said they would do and that I appeared to be doing all of the "leg work", and that they were incompetent and had breached the contract .
I was threatened with them reporting me to all who would care and that I would not be able to work with another Debt Consolidation Company for 5 years....is this true?

Google the president's name (Armstrong Jr), you'll find that the state of Michigan can't even get a response from FCCC

Maureen
Branford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2007 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-Are-you-kidding-me-FCCC-is-like-a-house-of-mirrors-262957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

Just found out about this, and I'm sick.

AUTHOR: Nmw - (U.S.A.)

I filed a report of my own, but my real question is, what can we do? The settlement seems really insufficient, especially since it doesn't let us out of the agreement.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Responding to John's Rebuttal,,,Maureen check thiss out as well

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

John/Maureen...please note that I did excommunicate myself from FCCC back in May (they dropped me from the program and just as well as I was going to drop them). I had 6 accounts with FCCC.

Through the suggestion of my wife, I found Trinity Debt Management (a Christian based organization). Best thing I could have ever done. They took the situation of setting up my accounts with all the creditors whereas only one company (Chase) threatened the "can't accept you into the program for five years" stuff. Trinity had me write a letter explaining all of the problems I had with FCCC and she sent it to Chase. Voila! Have been accepted into a DMP now as well with Chase and all of the other creditors. I will take exception to your comment about ALL debt management companies being crooked. You will NOT find this to be the case with Trinity....guaranteed. I wish I could tell everyone this and no, I don't work for Trinity!...regards, Jon :)

Advise....

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

============
Is that their worst??? That's actually a good thing....Debt consolidation companies are mostly rip-offs....You're smart to get out so soon...there's nothing that these firms can do for you that you can't do yourself.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC