Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, December 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 24, 2007

• Reported By:Freeport Michigan
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation FCCC is ripping us off, they've been doing it for months and it's still happening! Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Consumer Comment: Amen Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Class Lawsuit

*Consumer Suggestion: The last word in the name of the Company says it all

We've been through FCCC for almost 3 years. We were told this program would be complete in 3 yrs and now they say we have 19 months left!

We have called them several times through this process and are assured every time that things are working out and all will be fine. Yet there is one creditor that has kicked us off the program 3 or 4 times. No one tells us anything, then a month later we get calls 24/7 wondering why we aren't paying and all sorts of fees are added to that acct.

When we call FCCC to get it straightened out, they do and say all is fine. Well they NEVER told us that we are supposed to pay the fees! So we have an acct that should have been paid off over a year ago and it's balance is higher than what it started at.

We pay $388 a month, it's taken from our acct at the end of every month. FCCC gets paid the same time, yet we have accts that aren't getting paid on time, where is my money going?

FCCC never gives a straight answer, they don't help in any way, they try to smooth it over and for a second you believe them until the next problem occurs! It's been a stressful 3 years and I would urge anyone and everyone to never go through this company! They screw you over! I was naive and believed it would all work out, now I'm faced with paying them off or dealing with this for 19 more months!

I also urge anyone going through this to complain. If there is any law suits going on, please let me know!

Tanya
Freeport, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2006 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-FCCC-is-ripping-us-off-theyve-been-doing-it-for-mon-227157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

Amen Michigan

AUTHOR: Mj - (U.S.A.)

I wish I would've found this inforamation before May 2007!!

I googled the name of the president of FCCC and found that they are not welcome in Michigan nor have they ever been. They have several complaints from the state of Michigan and were investigated. They are not licensed or accredited to do business in your state.
Contact your attorney general; you may have an out from the contract.

Maureen J
CT

Class Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Todd - (U.S.A.)

I just received a class lawsuit notification against FCCC (finally!). Unfortunately, claimants can only expect to receive between $10 and $45 depending on the number of claims but at least it is something. Check FCCC Litigation for more details

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Carolyn - (U.S.A.)

I am really sorry to read your issues....but you are right. You should be upset about this. One thing most people don't realize, when it says "corporation" in the title of the company (no matter what type), they are only out to make money. Another thing to realize, if a company charges you an up front fee,more than likely, they are working on a commission basis and may be just out for a buck instead of helping you to straighten out your bills.

I work with a company that does financial arbitration for businesses in need. We never charge an up front fee because we may not be able to make the client happy. That is how it should be for the consumers as well. Therefore, if their debts are not negotiated down to what the consumer feels they can take care of, they have no obligation to stay with that firm.

#4 Consumer Suggestion