worn

• Submitted: Wed, February 15, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2006

• Reported By:Tornado West Virginia
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
familycredithelp.org Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation Mixed Information, Mixed up bank account infromation Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Author of original report: man this is troubling.

*Consumer Suggestion: FCCC RESPONSE

The story is that their headquarters were damaged severely by Hurricane Wilma back in October. Okay. I buy that.

The problem is, after that time, I coudln't get ahold of them for two months. When I finally did and I asked why in heaven's name I got a statement with an NSF when they hadn't been taking any money from my bank account, they rambled off the name of some bank I'd never heard of and said that the bank reported the NSF.

As it turns out, they'd been taking money from some other poor person's bank account. So they had to take a huge lump sum from my account.

The problem here is, that if they were sending payments, why are the collection calls starting again? When I call them and ask them to help, they say they will, but nothing changes? Grant it...I know collectors will lie to scare you into giving them more money, since they get a commission. So I don't know what to believe. I find it hard to believe that my companies are actually getting the money sent.

I really don't know what to do.

Also to note: I too was told they were members of the BBB, and the BBB says they are NOT. This is very fishy.

Becky
Tornado, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2006 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-Mixed-Information-Mixed-up-bank-account-infromation-176310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

man this is troubling.

AUTHOR: Becky - (U.S.A.)

Bennie,
Thank you for your suggestions. I'm going ot have to call the AG. Everyone's sitauations on here are too troubling. I have a high amount of anxiety about having to deal with all the creditors again, but something is NOT right with this company.

I had yet another issue the other day as more calls were coming in from a creditor and it turns out they were using the wrong account number with that creditor. I'm like...what? And they say it's resolved, but I don't really believe what they say.

If you use messenger programs and would like to try to talk more about this in WV, i'm rumezzo on all three. Thanks.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

FCCC RESPONSE

AUTHOR: Bennie - (U.S.A.)

Becky,

May I suggest that you file an official complaint with the West Virginia Attorney General's Office. They are assisting me with my complaint and are doing a good job with it. If they get multiple cases at the AGs office, it will only shine more light on West Virginia victims. It is a very easy process and you can download the complaint form from their website, under the consumer protection link. I have also secured private representation, which I suggest everyone do.

Also, be sure to let the AGs office know that they are not even registered to do business in WV...a big no-no. I would like to communicate with you but don't know how to reach you without posting personal information on this website, which I do not want to do.

As for the "NSF", they also tried to tack that charge on to me also, but one of their reps slipped and told me that it wasn't an NSF, rather they didn't have the right bank information. Rather than re-send a voided check I told them not to worry about it because I wouldn't be sending them more money only to have it go unpaid to creditors. By that time I had laughed it off because I had issues a STOP PAYMENT at my bank (another suggestion for you).

So, don;t hesitate to use the AGs office as there is no charge and that is what they are there for....to help WV victims like us.

Good Luck