expert

• Submitted: Thu, December 22, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, December 30, 2005

• Reported By:Clarksburg West Virginia
Family Credit Counseling Corporation
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling Corporation RIPOFF Unethical treatment of clients Robbery Lauderdale Lakes Florida

*Author of original report: FCCC Update

I like many others have fallen victim to Family Credit Counseling Corporation. They had deducted the normal payment from my bank on October 17th and have not to this day (65 days later) disbursed those payments to the proper accounts. I have placed (and highly suggest others to do the same) a stop-payment to my bank and have enlisted the help of my state's attorney generals office. They have taken on my case and are trying to contact FCCC, but as we all have experienced, a return call is hard to come by.

The next step for me will be private representation to help me settle this dispute. I have brought my accounts current myself and will continue to do so. I have also pulled a recent credit report only to find the most recent non-payments listed, but more than 15 other late-payments on my report...unbeknownst to me. All of the late/non-payments were on accounts under the control of FCCC during the timeframe that I have been enlisted with them. My monthly payment to them has never been denied or returned, either...until my recent stop-payment order. As you can imagine, this had a very damaging affect on my credit rating. One would think that by enrolling with a "credit counseling" company, you could expect timely payments. Not much of a "counseling" company!!!! What a joke!

Look forward to watching this company fall, and truly hope the federal government can step in and shut them down. This has got to be highly fraudulent and illegal.

Anonymous Victim
Nice Small Town, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2005 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida/Family-Credit-Counseling-Corporation-RIPOFF-Unethical-treatment-of-clients-Robbery-Lauderd-169005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling Corporation

FCCC Update

AUTHOR: Bennie - (U.S.A.)

I recently received a phone call from them (just so happens on the same day they received my complaint from the Attorney General's Office). They said that my payments using the October bank withdraw were being sent today, which I will confirm with the creditors next week, so I am not getting my hopes up. I also asked for a letter stating that they were, in fact, managing the accounts that have reflected late payments on my credit report. The letter should also state that I had never missed a payment to FCCC. This letter will hopefully prove to credit agencies that the only "black" marks on my credit report were due to mismanagement on the part of FCCC. FCCC has agreed to send the letter, which I will also not get my hopes up until the letter is in hand.

It is a step in the right direction, but I will not consider this problem resolved until payments are made and the credit agencies make appropriate changes. Since my last report, I have also entered a complaint to the BBB (211 complaints against FCCC in the last 12 months, by the way) and enlisted the help of private representation. I will keep everyone updated as best I can.

Some suggestions for others with this same issue:
1. Issue stop payments to your bank if you feel you are being taken for a ride.
2. Get the help of your state's Attorney General - thats what they are there for.
3. If needed - contact a private attorney to help you out.

GOOD LUCK.