Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling

• Submitted: Wed, January 18, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, January 18, 2006

• Reported By:Parksley Virginia
Family Credit Counseling
4850 N State Road 7 Suite G-104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

Family Credit Counseling FCCC Ripoff, dishonest and unethical billing practices, no respect for clients Lauderdale Lakes Florida

We are in debt. The reasons aren't important. Due to company downsizing, buy-out and forced relocation we were unable to pay our 4 credit cards in a timely manner. Before we ruined our credit we signed with FCCC in November of 2002. We thought we were doing the right thing and honorable thing.

Since the beginning we have been through the wringer. To start they insured that our payments were late, when they never had been late when we handled our own accounts. This has been reported to the credit bureas.

They have stopped taking money through direct withdrawal when we have not authorized it which again made our payments late due to no fault of ours.

Although our direct withdrawal is done on the 16th of each month without fail, FCCC does not pay it out to or credit cards for 2 to 3 weeks. Late yet again!

Now for the last 4 months or so, they have taken withdrawals on time as scheduled but not payed our creditors. They explained to me in one phone conversation that it was due to one of the hurricanes, they were displaced but my money was withdrawn on time! Why did they not pay my creditors on time?

Due to another relocation, I requested a delay of 4 days. I faxed the request according to thier rules and regulations 11 days before my withdrawal date. One day after the due date they had withdrawn money from my checking account! This has happened twice in 3 months.

According to them, they never received the Fax. I have the transmission report. That Fax was ignored!

This company though they claim to be non-profit puts your money into escro accounts and makes interest while your interest on your credit cards goes up and up. They have no compassion or morals.

Please, do not sign with FCCC!!!!! Any company based in Florida does not have the laws of the state or federal gov't to make them accountable. This is a fact. If you need help go through someone else in another state after you have thoroughly researched them and all laws pertaining to this type of business.

Christine
Onley, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2006 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-FCCC-Ripoff-dishonest-and-unethical-billing-practices-no-respe-172169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling