Complaint Review: Family Credit Counseling

• Submitted: Tue, October 13, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 15, 2010

• Reported By: Journey — San Francisco California USA
Family Credit Counseling
4850 Northstate Road 7 Ste. G104 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida United States of America

Family Credit Counseling Giant Debt Ripoff These People are Vultures Lauderdale Lakes, Florida

*Consumer Comment: agree 100%

I have had extensive problems with FCCC, dating back to August 2004, when I originally signed a contract with them. The signed contract, which grants full authority to renegotiate my debts and obligations on my behalf (which I paid the organization a monthly service charge of $35) has been a nightmare from start to finish.

They did none of the things I was promised. They DID NOT contact or renegotiate with my creditors, they DID NOT make monthly disbursements on time, and they DID NOT disburse all of the money that I sent them.

I called the Family Credit Counseling Corp. to complain about their services but I found them next to impossible to get in touch withthe dont answer phone calls, emails, or letters. I canceled my account.

I have made two complaints against them with the Florida Better Business Bureau, and was not surprised to see that they had several hundred other complaints leveled against them from other consumers, most of which had been ignored. My two complaints were also ignored. I then wrote a letter to the Florida Better Business Bureau, who replied that they could do nothing to assist me, so I filed complaints with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation and the Florida Attorney Generals office.

Because of the Family Credit Counseling Corporation, one account was turned over to a collections agency, and I am behind the other two accounts. I am trying to reconcile what happened to all of the payments I sent these people, but they refuse to send me any kind of payment or disbursement history. I am convinced that they are holding money of mine that does not belong to them.

I take this matter very seriously, as my credit history has been negatively affected due to their shoddy business practices.

Is there anything that can be done to assist me or other consumers who have been ripped off? Why are they continuing to be able to do business in Florida?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Credit-Counseling/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/Family-Credit-Counseling-Giant-Debt-Ripoff-These-People-are-Vultures-Lauderdale-Lakes-Fl-508839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Family Credit Counseling

agree 100%

AUTHOR: shelley - (United States of America)

It seems like they are still up to their old tricks.  This is nothing new. I was a customer of FCCC for several years and it destroyed my credit.

I made complaints to the florida attorney General's office, Better business Bureau to name a few.  I made so many complaints that in 2006 they sent me a letter that they could nolonger manage my account and had transfered my account to anothercredit repair organization.  It was the best thing that could have happened to me.  However, I am still rebuilding my credit and I never got the 630 dollars of mine that they owed me.

I was a part of a class action lawsuit in 2006 (see Baker v. Family Credit Counseling Corp., No. 04-CV-5508).  The result of the lawsuit was a joke and I wrote a very long objection to the settlement but to no avail.  One of the things that I stated in my objection was that I believed that FCCC would be at it again and that they have had no real consequnces for their criminal behavior.

I wish you the best of luck.

classic